2011-2012 season...

burton71

I bet they could blow enough tonight for one or two runs and a rail garden...will be below freezing in a few hours. Is the pond still too warm?

You're hilarious Doug. I bet they could, and what be open for tomorrow then watch it all melt over the weekend??

Does BC really have a hundred day policy??? That's pretty ballsy for this area.

Season Pass Guarantee

By purchasing a Season Pass, you make a commitment to Bear Creek Mountain Resort. In return, we make a commitment to you with our Pass Guarantee. We all hope for a cold and snowy winter, but if the weather does not cooperate Bear Creek has you covered by guaranteeing a minimum 65 day season!

For every day that Bear Creek falls short of the 65 day guarantee, you will receive a 2% per day credit* toward your Season Pass purchase the following season. For example, if Bear Creek is open 50 days, 15 days less than the minimum guarantee, you will receive a credit of 15 days multiplied by 2% equaling a 30% credit toward the following season.

Link: http://bcmountainresort.com/season-pass-guarantee

bear really got effed by the weather this season. it blows. i wrote this on the facebook but ill write it here as well. if they ever do open id like to see some rails on black bear and nothing on cascade just blowing because it seems at this point its not worth it to put the lil pre season park in cascade that we usually have. just wait and build a full fun park like the one at the end of the season last year.

They need to invest in more snowmaking equipment. For every two nights of snowmaking temps the Pocono’s get, BC only gets one, meaning they need to make two nights worth of snow in one. For instance today as of 1:05 PM Camelback is still blowing, BC is not.

And then there’s Spring Mountain who is open and is even further south then BC. :cheers:

• Like 1

They need to invest in more snowmaking equipment. For every two nights of snowmaking temps the Pocono’s get, BC only gets one, meaning they need to make two nights worth of snow in one. For instance today as of 1:05 PM Camelback is still blowing, BC is not.

And then there’s Spring Mountain who is open and is even further south then BC. :cheers:

They've got plenty of snowmaking.

I'd love to see what spring has right now. I've never seen better conditions there than at BC. Although I did just score two free tickets to spring so it looks like I'll end up there at least once this season.

They've got plenty of snowmaking.

I'd love to see what spring has right now. I've never seen better conditions there than at BC. Although I did just score two free tickets to spring so it looks like I'll end up there at least once this season.

Apparently NOT enough!

Click here for a live cam view of Spring Mountain

https://springmountainadventures.com/webcam.php

Dude, they're charging 5 bucks for monday.

VTski, I'm on the oldest PC known to man here at work, can't view the webcams, or any other vid on the web for that matter. Let me guess though, one shitty white stripe down the front next to their shitty double chair right?? They really have no right to be bragging that they're open, also I bet they don't even make it through the weekend.

The only discussion is there open BC isn’t!

Yeah good point, I bet the crowds are just mobbing the place right now. I could care less, I'm glad BC is waiting. Spring spread everything out so they can ride on it and it's all gonna melt away in the next three days. BC's sitting on piles and will open solid next week.

I'd bet the guests splashing in BC's pool are having more fun than the gapers scraping down death cookies over at spring. Let's be serious, that place is hardly worth mentioning. They got that awesome ropes course though and a hell of a hayride.

Yeah good point, I bet the crowds are just mobbing the place right now. I could care less, I'm glad BC is waiting. Spring spread everything out so they can ride on it and it's all gonna melt away in the next three days. BC's sitting on piles and will open solid next week.

I'd bet the guests splashing in BC's pool are having more fun than the gapers scraping down death cookies over at spring. Let's be serious, that place is hardly worth mentioning. They got that awesome ropes course though and a hell of a hayride.

That’s your uneducated guess.

That’s your uneducated guess.

A guess yes, 20 years of skiing shitty PA hills hardly makes it uneducated. Really though, you gotta admit, spring is pretty much the crappiest hill in PA. Good on em for opening this early with such bad weather though, I'll give em that. I wouldn't go there for one trail though, hell I don't even go there when the whole mountain is open. I mountain bike there in the summer and that's about it.

Wait spring opened before Bear Creek..lol...

yeah. with Bear closed i bet they are bringing in a lot more cash this weekend than they normally would.

not that i ski at either place or have ever skied at Spring to comment, it is still more crowded at Spring mt than it is at Bear right now... give them credit for opening even if they are small and suck.

More of a slap in the face to Bear Creek.

Hardly, I bet bear pulls in more money than spring this weekend without even having any trails open. Spring's not even on bear's radar. How many days last year do ya think Spring set record numbers for ticket sales?? Bear creek fills four lots the size of springs with visitors, I doubt they are concerned that spring is open before them.

Really we're getting off track here though, lets take all this talk into the spring mountain forum........oh wait that's right PASR doesn't even legitimize Spring with their own forum haha. nuff said

Dude, they're charging 5 bucks for monday.

VTski, I'm on the oldest PC known to man here at work, can't view the webcams, or any other vid on the web for that matter. Let me guess though, one shitty white stripe down the front next to their shitty double chair right?? They really have no right to be bragging that they're open, also I bet they don't even make it through the weekend.

still this is the first year that i can remember them not being able to open from the top.

Just saying there's skiing at spring and not at BC.

I think it's dead, but go ahead and keep beating that horse if you like. I'd rather play frisbee golf at bear than ski one trail at Spring. Only a bunch of PA gapers like us would argue over who's better cause they open with one trail 3 days before the other.

still this is the first year that i can remember them not being able to open from the top.

Bear could open top to bottom right now if they wanted I bet, it's just a better decision to wait til the next three days of 50 degree temps are over first.

Look I'm not ecstatic that BC is taking this long either, but as things are right now I think they are making the better choice.

Edited by PASKIINGSUCKS