2011-2012 season...

burton71

This is th second time in recent memory that spring mountain is open but bear is not. I know spring has less area to cover, but maybe bear should invest in more mobile guns to get one area opened at a time. Their strategy works well when weather is good, but concentrating fire on just a few trails when the forecast looks shitty is a better idea. Dead horse I know, maybe this winter will force them to come up with a newer snowmaking plan. I know many people from where I work that usually book for after Christmas In the hotel that arent making reservations obviously.

This is th second time in recent memory that spring mountain is open but bear is not. I know spring has less area to cover, but maybe bear should invest in more mobile guns to get one area opened at a time. Their strategy works well when weather is good, but concentrating fire on just a few trails when the forecast looks shitty is a better idea. Dead horse I know, maybe this winter will force them to come up with a newer snowmaking plan. I know many people from where I work that usually book for after Christmas In the hotel that arent making reservations obviously.

Spring actually has a really nice setup for snow making, the little cat with the fan on back is my favorite. The real difference maker is they have unlimited water usage so to speak. In return for in not being developed into yet another set of endless mcmansions they can drain the Perkiomen. The year the amish buggy jumped over the bridge down by the low parking lot there was only maybe 1ft - 3ft of depth.

Nachos at the Chicken lounge near Dorney Park are pretty bomb..probably cause they use Doritos..I don't think $10 for nachos is a lot because think of how much the ingredients cost in a store. Even at Sheetz the deluxe nachos are like 4 bones..that's a lot of stacks.

Quality>quantity imo.

I don't mind them waiting, it's just I have a window of opportunity and Bear is convenient to me. I could always make the trek to Blue I suppose. Looks like after Tuesday they'll have good conditions to make snow. Finally some consistently cold temperatures will be arriving.

Edited by Rowsdower

Maybe they'll stay open into April to make up for a late start!!!

How much snow does Bear typically close with? Most mountains can usually stick it out another week or two, but close early because of lack of crowds blah blah blah... Camelback is the only one I know that has religiously stuck it out until the snow is pretty much gone over the past couple years I've been...

How much snow does Bear typically close with? Most mountains can usually stick it out another week or two, but close early because of lack of crowds blah blah blah... Camelback is the only one I know that has religiously stuck it out until the snow is pretty much gone over the past couple years I've been...

It was pretty brown last year when we closed I know that.