2011-2012 season...

burton71

I have to say, im feeling a bit sad (just a very little bit) for bear right now. Not for the managers and owners but for the people who make a living working there. Even the seasonal part timers were hoping for a few extra Christmas bucks by this time. Beyond that, what comes around goes around and maybe this is payback from mother nature from some of the dumb decisions the management has made over the last few years. Just put a few days in at elk , kids have their race camp this weekend. It was packed, mostly with nearly 80 race kids from liberty and roundtop, who are also not open yet. Bears not alone.

Spring actually has legit jibs this season. So really, what is the difference now? Most people on these forums go to bear to ride park, and now they can at spring. I have actually never had a bad time at spring and go at least once a year. Its a great place to take someone who has never ridden before and teach them, especially that one night a week where lift tickets are like next to nothing.

Spring actually has legit jibs this season. So really, what is the difference now? Most people on these forums go to bear to ride park, and now they can at spring. I have actually never had a bad time at spring and go at least once a year. Its a great place to take someone who has never ridden before and teach them, especially that one night a week where lift tickets are like next to nothing.

That's cool. Im hoping to see the old blue marsh open back up, park n ride only.

I saw some fb pics of them unloading some planet features... how many did they get? I haven't been there since I was like 14. Kinda curious to check it out!

i have been lurking hard here the last 19 pages...

i think its really odd that bear would already say they are opening on monday, they are only going to lose snow between now and then. I think its a weak ass attempt to cover their ass in the 65 day clause really, i mean E-chair again??? might as well not open until you can open a full run i went last time for E-chair and it was a waste of time. hiking sucks too

i dont know what the snows like up on top, but i would ride dirt if i had to...at least we know next week they will get up an running legit, but still the monday opening i feel is a waste, they can blow monday night and hopefully almost all day tuesday so why bother with monday? (or the better question, how are you considering E-chair your opening day?)

If they can open Monday why not now? They'll have more snow now than Monday. Next weeks temperatures are also trending warmer keep your fingers crossed..if mother nature farts low temperatures can go from 20 to 30 in a hurry.

because with possible rain and 50 degree temps on the weekend they lose less snow if they keep the snow in piles and dont have anyone ski on it. if they opened now pretty much the same thing as last time might happen. as they push it out it just melts and gets dirty. then people ski on it in warm temperatures and it melts more. then they close again.

Hopefully they have another lift open by Tuesday. I'm fine with hiking rails but a lift just makes it that much more convenient

There's a possibility we'll have B chair open by Tuesday.

FYI to all. Tuesday will probably be round the clock snowmaking. We haven't done that in a while so come prepared with the face mask and some goggle wipes.

There's a possibility we'll have B chair open by Tuesday.

FYI to all. Tuesday will probably be round the clock snowmaking. We haven't done that in a while so come prepared with the face mask and some goggle wipes.

i saw somewhere, maybe on here, of gloves that someone made with small windshield wipers for goggles haha it was hilarious

I think anytime bear claims to be open, as in hike 100 yards of snow, they use it against the pro-rated season pass guarentee so they dont have to give back as much money at the end of the year if they dont hit the 65 day promise. that's BS as that counts out a good deal of people who have no intrest in hiking, older loyal skiers included. Absolutely ignorant in my book.

I think anytime bear claims to be open, as in hike 100 yards of snow, they use it against the pro-rated season pass guarentee so they dont have to give back as much money at the end of the year if they dont hit the 65 day promise. that's BS as that counts out a good deal of people who have no intrest in hiking, older loyal skiers included. Absolutely ignorant in my book.

I know it's a completely different climate, but Elk guarantees 100 days... 65 is barely 2 months... They shouldn't have to pull any Tom Fullery to get to that number lol

i thought bear had a 100 day policy??