Lodge Improvements...

AtomicSkier

chalk this up as another improvement i could not give less of a shit about. there are so many other aspects that could be improved besides new carpet and countertops in the lodge.

Exactly. Sure, they may have needed it, and unfortunately, day trippers care more about the carpet then they do available terrain, or grooming, etc. They spend more time in the lodge, anyway.

Exactly. Sure, they may have needed it, and unfortunately, day trippers care more about the carpet then they do available terrain, or grooming, etc. They spend more time in the lodge, anyway.

...and if a nicer lodge keeps the day-trippers and other related gapers inside just a little bit longer, it's a win for us rippers.

• Like 1

...and if a nicer lodge keeps the day-trippers and other related gapers inside just a little bit longer, it's a win for us rippers.

Or....more people will keep coming back because of the amenities and make everything more crowded :tinfoil: . I think Blue is truly nearing it's capacity in terms of being able to 'fit' people on the mountain. Time for some new trails Barb :)

Or....more people will keep coming back because of the amenities and make everything more crowded :tinfoil: . I think Blue is truly nearing it's capacity in terms of being able to 'fit' people on the mountain. Time for some new trails Barb :)

Damned by their own successes. Yeah, it's happened to lots of businesses. Hopefully Barb is reading PASR today <_<

looks more geared for event hosting than just general lodge improvements. i saw in the paper a guy dumped a piece of heavy equipment and got killed yesterday under the 6 pack, tragic

http://www.mcall.com/photos/mc-pictures-todays-photo-journal-thursday-september-21-2011-20110921,0,4081990.photogallery

i cn't link directly to the pic but its #16 i think

Edited by mbike-ski

that has to be their next step. they are really running out of room to put people on those weekends. new trails are really the only way to do that. the improvements in the lodge are great. they just don't affect season pass holders like us. no biggie. it benefits them since they get more weddings and conferences there over the summer with those upgrades. summer income will help keep our winters rolling, so i'm not going to complain. they could have done nothing at all and you would all complain that they did nothing. they make some improvements and now everybody complains that they aren't what they wanted. suck it up.

that has to be their next step. they are really running out of room to put people on those weekends. new trails are really the only way to do that. the improvements in the lodge are great. they just don't affect season pass holders like us. no biggie. it benefits them since they get more weddings and conferences there over the summer with those upgrades. summer income will help keep our winters rolling, so i'm not going to complain. they could have done nothing at all and you would all complain that they did nothing. they make some improvements and now everybody complains that they aren't what they wanted. suck it up.

but here's the question: where can they expand? do we know how much land blue mtn actually owns? i suppose they could expand down the south side of the ridge, but i doubt they could get much snow/ice to stick there. also, i guess they could expand east-ward off the quad. thoughts??

but here's the question: where can they expand? do we know how much land blue mtn actually owns? i suppose they could expand down the south side of the ridge, but i doubt they could get much snow/ice to stick there. also, i guess they could expand east-ward off the quad. thoughts??

you would laugh at how much land they have that sits undeveloped.

stop being logical. yes, i understand improving amenities inside is nice and all, but there's already too many moms occupying 6 person tables all by themselves and taking up seats when at busy times. going into the top lodge for lunch on a weekend and trying to find somewhere to sit down and eat lunch is a chore. spend money on improving seating capacity somehow. i know there's not really anything that can be done about people mobbing up tables for the other 23 members of their family who are out skiing, but it's a bit ridiculous.

I didn't go in the new lodge once last season. As long as the snowmaking and grooming is top notch I'm happy

agreed. crowds i can deal with. if the snow's still good, i'll stay and wait in a lift line. how you can be a ski area and not make trail conditions your top priority, i don't know. people's impressions of your venue carry a lot of weight with their peers, and someone saying the conditions at one mountain were awesome 'powder' vs the typical 'blue is really icy' that i hear very often can go a long way.

bottom line: i don't want to run a ski area. way too many people to try and please.

x2 they got plenty of land

I was told they own from the Palmerton Zinc Superfund site to Kuntz lane where the state game lands cut down to the other side of the ridge. If that is true you could fit 4 more blue mtn's in that land, shit I don't need 4 more blue mts just a couple of nice trails with good pitch, fuck keep a few narrow so the noobs keep running lazy mile. I would even prefer no lift, just a little cat track out and little flat back in to the lift as that really keeps traffic low.

1/2 to 3/4 of a mile east of the most eastern point of Paradise.

• 3 weeks later...