bARLY GNastards - gates and beers?

mbike-ski

Conditions this afternoon were indeed great, save the white out visibility at the top of the mountain. Otherwise, snow was very easy to carve. Lots of bare spots coming up through on almost all the trails. Had to check out the Salomon BBR demo to see what all the hype is about. I'll stick with the Lines I'm on...

Conditions this afternoon were indeed great, save the white out visibility at the top of the mountain. Otherwise, snow was very easy to carve. Lots of bare spots coming up through on almost all the trails. Had to check out the Salomon BBR demo to see what all the hype is about. I'll stick with the Lines I'm on...

what'd you think of the BBR? and what lines are you on? I've got my own opinion, but i'm curious what others thing. We've got a good stock of them at buckmans in Ardmore if anyone on here is interested in the ski.

what'd you think of the BBR? and what lines are you on? I've got my own opinion, but i'm curious what others thing. We've got a good stock of them at buckmans in Ardmore if anyone on here is interested in the ski.

I've got Line Prophets, so I think my opinion is a bit swayed by being so used to skiing on them. Since the BBRs are only like 90mm vs 100mm, edge to edge was much quicker. I needed to only shift my weight slightly for them to hook up and that they did. With the soft snow yesterday, they carved really well, which made them a lot of fun to ski on.

I didn't quite like the super-sized shovel, though I understand it's purpose, I think it's a tad too large. The other thing that I noticed was that I got a feeling like the ski wanted me to be more in the back-seat vs my Line's. I kept finding myself on my heels, which had me a bit off-balance. I kept trying to force my weight forward, but through a turn i noticed a shift rearward. Perhaps it's a function of the "waist" being behind the center of the boots on them, I dunno?

After the demo, I kept that in mind when going back to my skis and I didn't have the same feeling. My weight was balanced throughout a turn. Granted I only took a few runs on the BBRs, so I can't say it's a shortcoming of the skis. I believe that over time a skier will get used to and adapt to any ski over time, but that was the impression I got right off the bat.

I'm glad I got to demo them. Unfortunately around these parts, demo days are few and far between compared to the bigger ski areas, which make buying skis difficult.

interesting observations, and pretty much how i felt about them as well, although most likely, when you're saying it feels like the ski throws you backseat, you're actually probably just very centered and balanced on it. this is an effect of a ski with rocker. generally, with a traditionally cambered ski, you can really pressure the tips in a turn with no negative consequences. on a ski with rocker, if you really pressure the tips, things get weird and you learn pretty quickly to back off, essentially skiing the ski very neutrally, not actually backseat. the first few runs on the first pair of rockered skis i tried felt super weird, so if you're not used to that, that could be what you were experiencing.

I fucking hate that ski.

Anybody up now ?

Wondering what the wind is doing.....

very breezy to start the day but got better as the morning went on. it wasn't too windy for them to blow, so they turned a lot of guns on and started blasting. everything seems like it froze up after they groom as the temps didnt drop until this morning. razors is closed for a college race and i think it will be all weekend. greeeeeat.

Back on topic. Since NASTAR was cancelled on Thursday, I'm thinking about making a rare Sunday afternoon NASTAR appearance if anyone will be around, or not watching playoff football.

likewise, if i can get a rental property project far enough along sunday morning i 'll be up for a few runs before the giant game

very breezy to start the day but got better as the morning went on. it wasn't too windy for them to blow, so they turned a lot of guns on and started blasting. everything seems like it froze up after they groom as the temps didnt drop until this morning. razors is closed for a college race and i think it will be all weekend. greeeeeat.

Thanks dude, trying to decide if its worth going up tonight. Going to be an ice box

Razors all weekend...fuck, without the "steep" shit its tough finding elbow room as noobs are only afraid of steepness.

Thanks dude, trying to decide if its worth going up tonight. Going to be an ice box

Razors all weekend...fuck, without the "steep" shit its tough finding elbow room as noobs are only afraid of steepness.

it wasn't bad at all today. it was just hard. i don't think it will be icy tonight with them blowing on a lot of stuff. every fan gun was on when i left and everything was still grippy. no ice encounters all morning. i think if you are doing a night session, tonight is the night since people saw all that rain and think they place sucks. couldn't be more wrong. paradise was the rotd.