2/7 Afternoon

RootDKJ

Today turned out better then expected. Razor's headwall was pretty horrible (race team didn't set up on it) but the rest of it was pretty good. Challenge was horrible 6" deep sugar. Lazy is much faster then Sunday, and was really fun after 4:30. Switchback was ok, deep sugar at the first right, bathroom is getting thin. Dreamweaver & Paradise also held up well. 55F when I pulled in at 2pm, 40F when I left at 6:30. Only took 2 pics.

IMG-20120207-00187.jpg

IMG-20120207-00188.jpg

based on that report, i'm really glad i went to bear last night. no sugar at all, it was nice and soft, with a few really fun features in their park. i did my good deed for the day and helped park crew and patrol block off a jump after some kid got murked when he overshot by about 10 feet and landed on his back. no helmet, of course. I know it's kinda preaching to the choir here, but please wear a helmet when you ski and calculate the risks you take. the kid had to get tobogganed down because he couldn't feel or move his legs. scary, scary stuff.

Thursday afternoon for me. Might go to Shawnee.

Hope you have better conditions then I did when I went to Shawnee. Was all piles of sugar especially around any intersections. People falling left and right around it. Even some of the blacks and blues had the stuff shoved around and piled up.