Will they make it to this weekend?

AtomicSkier

They lost an amazing amount of snow since Sunday. I was surprised Dreamweaver was open. You could see the heat radiating out of the ground on Main Street...pretty crazy. Oh, and the 6pack was closed because there was a lake in front of the lift line.

Dreamweaver...it was open.

bluemar13-1.jpg

Paradise -> Dreamweaver connector

bluemar13-2.jpg

Not much base left on Homestretch....

bluemar13-5.jpg

Root doing some root planning on Main Street...look a bit different than sunday?

bluemar13-3.jpg

Shrinkage is a bitch....

bluemar13-4.jpg

They never really had that good of a base. Anyway I'm gonna savor Thursday morning if they are still open then..and hold off on buying any gaper day supplies until Friday.

Gaper day is still on if they don't make it.

• Like 1

It sounds like lots of the longer runs off the top are hurting for snow... The runouts too... Is there any chance they reduce operations to the top lift like they do for early season to keep them open through the weekend?

I think at a minimum they will be able to have Challenge, Paradise and Lazy Mile open.

I can't remember a year like this were the entire east is melting in a week....I was in Orphir one time when some warm ass wind came in an apparently they lost almost 3ft due to sublimation......blue needs some clouds with no rain

yeah this is unreal. i was thinking i would easily get 50 days in until this happened. 40 is the new 50. what a bust of a winter.

I can't remember a year like this were the entire east is melting in a week....I was in Orphir one time when some warm ass wind came in an apparently they lost almost 3ft due to sublimation......blue needs some clouds with no rain

We lost a bunch of snow up here due to sun and 50 degree weather on Monday and Tuesday... We had 40 degree weather with heavy fog all day, and lost a bunch of snow, but flat across instead of in "hot" spots... Started snowing around 2, with 2 inches expected, but we need cloudy days soon... Forecasted temps are looking rough too...

There's a crazy inversion. Its really warm up top. There are streams of of melting snow. I'm having a shit ton of fun though. I heard the patrollers say that they may only have one side open this weekend.

i hope its the main street side. more time to drink on the lift.

gonna be hard to finish bottles of wine though, with just two people. we will have to create some sort of pulley system between chairs...

• Like 1

i hope its the main street side. more time to drink on the lift.

gonna be hard to finish bottles of wine though, with just two people. we will have to create some sort of pulley system between chairs...

Perhaps we could use a kite to move the bottle around?

• Like 1