Will snowmaking begin tonight?

RidgeRacer

Gotta be tonight or tomorrow. Friday night November 30th at BB for opening possibly?

Today Nov 23

39.png

50°F

26°F

Details

Sat Nov 24

30.png

35°

19°

Details

Sun Nov 25

30.png

35°

22°

Details

Mon Nov 26

30.png

38°

26°

Partly Cloudy

Details

Tue Nov 27

5.png

39°

25°

Rain / Snow Showers

Details

Wed Nov 28

30.png

33°

22°

Partly Cloudy

Details

Thu Nov 29

34.png

35°

26°

Mostly Sunny

Details

Fri Nov 30

30.png

36°

21°

Partly Cloudy

What a forecast what a forecast and with clear sky's tonight and later in the week the snow makers are gonna be able to lay down some base. I'm ready to ski somewhere next weekend. Hopefully Big Boulder throwsdown a canned food day or discounted tickets.

Big boulder park with no features could happen by next weekend. I've been looking at some models and not the ones wearing naughty Christmas attire.

Thats what I was thinking. Canned food thingy on Friday with bb park run open (or love park) with freedom. Nothing posted on the site yet though.

I would imagine that with temps down in the teens, and a later starting snowmaking date than usual, BB will blow on more than just Boulder Park. I've seen that whole mountain lit up at once. If they get the temps, it's more than doable.

As for CB, they may open a hike park next weekend, but they are pretty set on making an 8' base so they never have to blow there again for the rest of the season. A couple years ago they had a 5' base on their early season setup off the Sullivan, and waited an extra week. For them, the 7th is probably the day.

I hope you guys get something going soon. I would imagine we will see some crazy expansion up here at SR next week, and that most NE ski resorts will be opening up next weekend if they haven't already.

So, if camelback is making snow saturday night, you would have to think BB would as well. After all they are the first to open.

So by next weekend BB should have something to ski on if camelback is announcing an opening date of december 7th.

Maybe fluffy can give us the 411.

Per the site...

Snowmaking has begun at big boulder PARK

The snowmaking crew began making snow last night at big boulder PARK. Snow is being made on Freedom, Love, Big Boulder and Bunny Schuss slopes. We will continue to make snow as the temperatures allow and open as soon as possible-stay tuned as we continue to update our FB and Twitter pages with the most up to date info on snow making and what to expect.

So I'm assuming nothing is going on at Frost.

Edited by Ridge Racer