Opening Tues 12/18

rummy

I don't know if it's my browser or what but their website still has no conditions and the webcam doesn't work. I tried hitting F5 like their facebook page said but it didn't help. Thinking of heading up tomorrow but I don't know how much they have open.

Works for me..

left column.."ski conditions"

click it...ta da..

web cam is now working too..

they finally stuck it outside the office window..

for what it's worth..

You would want to ski elk fully open. save the gas and go to frost.Edit...you're probably on your way. Disregard.
For those of you that have more options closer by, I would also save the time and gas. And im an Elk groupie. Usually I went because I was already on a road trip and it was a negligible addition for time and gas. That being said, I know the natural snow has helped, but they have been opening trails quickly this year compared to past years. Website says they are up to 18 trails, so that's promising.

If you are on your way, have fun up there!!!

Edited by Ride Delaware ?

Outstanding day at elk, too bad if you didn't make the trip. Hard to tell with the wind, but looks like a good 8-10 of freshie since yesterday. Day started well, lots of early runs in fresh snow and then they started opening trails as the day went on. They opened Lackawanna around 10, over boot powder and then bumped up nicely with some bare spots (no manmade on here). Tunk was nice but got got a tad slippery mid day. All in all a stellar weekend here.

• Like 1

Skied Elk Saturday and it was great. Loved the bumps on Tioga Spur (always love bumps on blue trails). Tucks was decent as well though were smaller and more spread out than the bumps on Tioga Spur. Even Lehigh was open. Got first tracks on Slalom after the groomers came through when the race was finished and it was unbelievable though its amazing how quickly fresh groomed manmade snow deteriorates after some traffic. Conditions were almost as good as you could ask for in early January though another foot or so of natural and the place would be perfect. Hope the warm-up doesn't do too much damage.