Blue TR 2/19/13

toast21602

I had the day off so I decided to head up to Blue before the rains came and boy was I surprised. The snow up there was great when I arrived. They blew on almost everything again so the conditions were great and crowds were minimal. The sun was poking out and the clouds were rolling in so I figured my time up there would be limited.

71697_642353107454_1987186204_n.jpg

about 30 minutes into my morning it started flurrying at the top and by the next lift ride it was dumping snow and the ground was starting to get covered.

64500_642353092484_395871209_n.jpg

i spent much of the morning lapping razors, the bumps on main street, and the bumps on the chute because nobody else was skiing them and the snow was holding up really well with all the new snow that was falling.

285220_642353112444_231358251_n.jpg

76036_642353202264_1708868251_n.jpg

581152_642353102464_1529426807_n.jpg

521484_642353207254_625934630_n.jpg

i ended up leaving around 12:30 because the snow was starting to get really wet and i didn't want to get stuck in the rain change over, but according to their facebook and webcams, its still snowing. when i left they had about 3 inches up top and 2 at the bottom. the roads sucked and it took me about 1:15 to get home because there were cars littered on the sides of all the roads on the way home.

21900_642353197274_1405189594_n.jpg

14001_642353217234_765265704_n.jpg

that is all.

• Like 4

Moguls on Chute! OMG, a smart decision by Blue. I like the fact that the moguls will act as a deterrent for most people and will thus improve skier flow on the mountain. How many times do you come down Main Street only to cast a glance leftward and upward looking for snowboarding bombers flying down Chute? I usually stop there specifically for that reason.

• Like 2

Moguls on Chute! OMG, a smart decision by Blue. I like the fact that the moguls will act as a deterrent for most people and will thus improve skier flow on the mountain. How many times do you come down Main Street only to cast a glance leftward and upward looking for snowboarding bombers flying down Chute? I usually stop there specifically for that reason.

I'm guesing they seeded one side of the trail. If that is the case then we better keep looking left cause the non-bumpers will be coming down even faster on the scrapped ice since the trail will loose cover quicker.

Regardless, love having bumps on chute

Edited by tarponhead
  • Like 1

Not only that, but just people who flat-out don't belong going down the slope.

At least the smart ones take off their skis and walk back up or pop em and butt-slide down.

But then there are the many that just outta control bomb it with little way of stopping but biting it or worse, running into someone.

Good they put bumps on it! :clap2

Nice report, I'm heading up in about an hour so hopefully there's still some freshies and it does not look like Vermont. I have off work tomorrow and will be up late morning...Nazareth Jay said he'd join me if its not windy.

It does if you use your imagination