Our New Name....Montage Mountain Resorts...New owners.

KCSKI

I apologize for my absence but all during the latter half of the bankruptcy with things in the air and a lot of uncertanty of what was taking place, even on a personal level, it was best to keep a low profile until things sorted out. I hope you understand.

Anyway.....ahh hell..just read the article.

http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/business/with-deal-in-principle-montage-mountain-makes-return-1.1464209

• Like 1

Glad to hear that someone bought the old girl, and hopefully we get back into the swing of things up there. I was just getting into the new name too! Damn these guys and their sensibility with renaming the place. Maybe if I'm lucky I can score some of the old Sno Mountain signs.

It would shock me. I can't imagine anyone making capital improvements in the place until it makes back the cash they already put into it so they know it's worth it.

that's what i was thinking - but to get more people there (and more money) i think that is a vital improvement.

plus, they would only have to staff like 2 lifts instead of the 6 that they normally have if they put in a top to bottom that is efficient.

• Like 1

that's what i was thinking - but to get more people there (and more money) i think that is a vital improvement.

plus, they would only have to staff like 2 lifts instead of the 6 that they normally have if they put in a top to bottom that is efficient.

Actually, for the most part this year, they only ran 3 lifts at any given time. The bunny, Iron Horse (servicing the top of the mountain on the Blues) and Phoebe Snow (Northface Lift)

Look for a flip in a few years after they put a spit shine on it. They're redevelopers, not ski hill operators. Still good news for those employed by the mountain and keeping the hill on a respirator for another season.

x2

Good news though, never want to see a ski hill go out for the count....well maybe Mt Creek or Huntah....

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ok...all the fallout seems to be over and things are moving forward...job fair for the Summer months at Johnny Rockets was a big success and the water park is set to open around Memorial Day.

Since I'm not on the mountain too much this time of year I'll try to get updated info as thing progress..and..at this time I would ask the Moderator or administrator to pretty much after a few days here wipe this whole Sno Mountain folder out and give us a new "Montage Mountain" Folder and heading so we can start fresh and discard the old baggage.

• Like 1