BB

JFskiDan

I was there both days for a morning session, left about noon on both days. Saturdays snow resembled Blue's surface from Friday, just on a little smaller scale. Sunday the snow was real nice. Snow drift was fun to play in, as long as you could imagine the trees being there. Attendance was definitely nothing spectacular. maybe the afternoon/evening was better, but i never waited in a line.

bunny swish should be open this weekend. They opened Upper Skidmark Sunday, which is the trail that connects Love to Freedom.

It seems as though they are using fan guns only to make snow. Progress seems a little slow just using the fan guns.

Overheard the girl on the phone tell someone Frost would be open Saturday. hopefully they hit it hard last week, From the pics i have seen, the ski school area looks deep. They were blowing on Challange as well.

• 4 months later...

Looks like Camelback may be the last to close in PA. Per BB...

"This is no joke big boulder PARK will be open this weekend! And it is going to be SICK-park CREW is rebuilding everything!! NEW setups, old setups and adding as many rails, boxes and jumps as they can! This is going to be an EPIC closing weekend so don't miss it!"

Despite the fact that the above actually has me wanting to take 15 bucks and use it to donate to the snooki for president campaign rather than spend it there this weekend, sucks to hear that they're closing.

Edited by RidgeRacer

Have fun!!!

Thanks, wish I could meet many of you folks at the close out party for Blue, but to ski with kids it is hard to beat the $15 lifts and $15 rentals BB is offering for Saturday, and this should be ample challenge for them (so far they have been to Spring and Shawnee)

• Like 1

Fun day with the kids at BB Saturday. There was talk at the mountain that they hope to reopen for a one day "May Day" special the first Saturday in May with discount tix (I believe past years have been $10). That would mean they were open for nearly 6 months in 7 calendar months. Wonder when the last time a PA hill pulled off that feat.

I'm guessing if they do open it will be pretty limited. Anyone experience one of these days in past years and care to comment?

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

Fun day with the kids at BB Saturday. There was talk at the mountian that they hope to reopen for a one day "May Day" special the first Saturday in May with discount tix (I believe past years have been $10). That would mean they were open for nearly 6 months in 7 calendar months. Wonder when the last time a PA hill pulled off that feat.

I'm guessing if they do open it will be pretty limited. Anyone experience one of these days in past years and care to comment?

if you don't ride park, don't go. Unless they've got an epic amount of snow to have more than 2 trails open, everything will be filled with features and will be mobbed. Turning is pointless. Oh, and it's a really fun day!

Fun day with the kids at BB Saturday. There was talk at the mountain that they hope to reopen for a one day "May Day" special the first Saturday in May with discount tix (I believe past years have been $10). That would mean they were open for nearly 6 months in 7 calendar months. Wonder when the last time a PA hill pulled off that feat.

its a drunk fest, not a place for kids

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads up. Would have been considering taking the kids, who are still itching for more skiing after their day 8, if it has seemed suitable.

like I said earlier, unless they post that they'll have a dedicated non-park trail, it's absolutely not a safe environment to take young children. It's a total free for all, and I and every other person who enjoys riding park thanks you for not putting your kids in harms way.