2014/15 new gear thread.

phillycore

Someone buy those damn blends and fishcer boots so I can pay off all the other crap i got this year.

Volkl Pro Wheelie Bag

Oakley A-frame 2.0 (with prizm lens on order)

Salomon vario poles

Salomon Q-105s with atomic tracker 16 bindings

Atomic Panics

And the ski's i'm most excited about - brand new PRE's in a 193 thanks to Justo's garage of historic skis.

Still working to find a binding with a narrow enough brake.

post-2829-0-72589000-1415547859_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

139/97/126. Rocker camber rocker... 179 really short for me with the rocker. Still debating whether to binding them up or wall art. They're really interesting though with the magne traction even though it's subtle on these

179 is the same length as your public enemy's. No reason not to ski on em

Makes them ski short....not shorter in length

This needs a J Law explanation

It's all about the effective edge length of the ski and ease of turn initiation. A rockered ski will roll into a turn easier and feel less hooky, this feeling like it skis like a shorter ski that has camber. Depending on the shape of the sidecut in relation to the rocker/camber profile, the entire edge of the ski may never engage in a carved turn, even if you really too it up on edge. Caveat: this requires carving your turns, or for that matter, turning at all.

• Like 2

Who actually has trouble railing a reasonable ski ? Noobs certainly but noobs don't carve.

A Romulan era Squad 104 ok that can be a little tough but mostly because they are two I-beams, you really got to leg them to get any kind of flex.

Which is why I go back to it being 50% marketing bs, they look at them and go oohhh big ski and then hit the hill and are impressed they are so easy to dance because in reality it's a 16m radius ski with 163 actual effective edge and 99% aren't using the entire edge.

There is PSIA drill were you only use the tips to initiate turns, 95% of the ski is off the snow, very difficult even if your a good skier. The body just isn't good at applying even pressure out at the tips of the ski, exceptional skiers sure.

I think the radius on the PBR ski is like 16, she's a dancer for sure.

Who actually has trouble railing a reasonable ski ? Noobs certainly but noobs don't carve.

A Romulan era Squad 104 ok that can be a little tough but mostly because they are two I-beams, you really got to leg them to get any kind of flex.

Which is why I go back to it being 50% marketing bs, they look at them and go oohhh big ski and then hit the hill and are impressed they are so easy to dance because in reality it's a 16m radius ski with 163 actual effective edge and 99% aren't using the entire edge.

There is PSIA drill were you only use the tips to initiate turns, 95% of the ski is off the snow, very difficult even if your a good skier. The body just isn't good at applying even pressure out at the tips of the ski, exceptional skiers sure.

I think the radius on the PBR ski is like 16, she's a dancer for sure.

Damn close.....it's. 17

J Law. Have you skied any of the magne traction skis? I haven't myself, just wondering what you thought of it if you did.

seems interesting, but who knows....gimmicky or whatever...

Elan has some weird stuff out too....with rocker only on one side....true left and right skis.....my pod leader is an elan rep and I've been wanting to get on some to mess around with them, I just never got around to it. A lot of people seem to really like the elan's but I've heard that the magne traction is love it or hate it type with a strange feeling at first.

I run the same ski...Different graphics....

IMG_0751_zpse2dce274.jpg

I guess you could answer my question on the magne traction as well... Does it really add anything to it? It seems like it would, snowboarders seem to like it.