2014/15 new gear thread.

phillycore

I read good things about the cochise. Blizzard seems like it's been reinventing itself lately. I'm basing that on seeing more selection of skis in other categories.

I've been lucky enough to spend a day with their lineup that last couple years (no spur sadly) All there skis are aggressive, big sweepers, a more approachable and friendly ski that is a step below the B104, m103, OG LP's. Really fun, you can really put the hammer down but they don't require alot of attention at slower speeds and you can lazy leg them without them putting you on your ass.

I've been lucky enough to spend a day with their lineup that last couple years (no spur sadly) All there skis are aggressive, big sweepers, a more approachable and friendly ski that is a step below the B104, m103, OG LP's. Really fun, you can really put the hammer down but they don't require alot of attention at slower speeds and you can lazy leg them without them putting you on your ass.

Kool, when I think about the number of companies and skis out there, I realize how few products I've tried.  I'm definitely demoing Worth this season, and will try to hit some demo days this year and try some new stuff out. One advantage of checking out a lot of different skis is to appreciate the differences. I was paging thru the recent Ski issue (more like a Deer Valley infomercial with a few pages of gear review) and I got the impression that there's more emphasis in boot design this year. Ski design and materials seem to have kinda peaked out with every possible shape, size and combo of materials one can think up.

Edited by moe ghoul

What length Toast? 190s? Looks like a good powder/crud ski...not a carver. Reviews look good.

they have a 21m radius, they'll carve just fine. I didn't ski the 115, I skied something narrower, but I remember them being pretty snappy. But yeah, I'm giving them an ice cream paint job, they're hideous.

What length Toast? 190s? Looks like a good powder/crud ski...not a carver. Reviews look good.

191. A 22m radius is carvy enough for sure. Reviews look great. Got a good deal. It's worth a shot - if they suck, I know not to get them again.

they have a 21m radius, they'll carve just fine. I didn't ski the 115, I skied something narrower, but I remember them being pretty snappy. But yeah, I'm giving them an ice cream paint job, they're hideous.

Oh man I hope that the graphics don't hurt the performance. I hate when that happens [emoji51]

They aren't ugly. Just simple.

f404fa30e6f5bfa35e805d3cb3e47ba5.jpg

• Like 1

191. A 22m radius is carvy enough for sure. Reviews look great. Got a good deal. It's worth a shot - if they suck, I know not to get them again.

Oh man I hope that the graphics don't hurt the performance. I hate when that happens [emoji51]

They aren't ugly. Just simple.

Nice dude, you even got them in the right size.

I rode them at the end of April, groomers only and they rip. I even gave them a little mogul action and they were fine and everyone knows I don't like moguls.

They are very quick for a big ski, little bit of roll and you can get them dancing quick. Damp but not dead, I rode the previous lineup, I can't remember all the names but it was the motorhead series and they were too torsionally soft. When you got them cranking they didn't hold as well as the Cyclic which is impressive considering its all fiberglass reinforcement.

Light, versatile, playfull medium radius ski and the graphics are cool. I like my shit bright, like offensive bright but it's like women at the bar, Candy in the tube top who loves tequila rocking turtleneck cleavage is fun but the tight number, understated, really sleek package..... she's the catch, like a james bond gf....your skis are pussy galore...

• Like 3

Kool, when I think about the number of companies and skis out there, I realize how few products I've tried.  I'm definitely demoing Worth this season, and will try to hit some demo days this year and try some new stuff out. One advantage of checking out a lot of different skis is to appreciate the differences. I was paging thru the recent Ski issue (more like a Deer Valley infomercial with a few pages of gear review) and I got the impression that there's more emphasis in boot design this year. Ski design and materials seem to have kinda peaked out with every possible shape, size and combo of materials one can think up.

I was so excited when Ski mag got here, and how thick it was.  i figured it was just packed with tons of useful info.  At least i know where to eat if i go to Deer Valley.  

• Like 1

I was so excited when Ski mag got here, and how thick it was.  i figured it was just packed with tons of useful info.  At least i know where to eat if i go to Deer Valley.  

People still read ski magazines? I thought the web had all the info needed. The early issues are always thick due to advertisers and later issues like January and February are usually thin. I used to subscribe to four different ski magazines. Ski, Skiing, Powder and Snow Country.

I get a free subscription with my Smuggs Pass. Otherwise, I wouldn't buy it. Yeah, it was a pretty ridiculous issue.

Breaking these damn things in is going to be a LONG process....these damn things hurt. feet are numb after a minute even without the buckles connected. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1411611708.187549.jpg

You can always see AS's boot guy if you can't get them worked out. He's very good.

Just looked at the picture up close and just wanna say I really like your rug Phillycore..

It really ties the room together