Best Mid Size SUV

poconoceancity

Had a new explorer as a rental in Utah two seasons ago that was quite nice. Plenty of room for 5 + gear, not horrendous on gas, comfy seats, the whole nav/Bluetooth deal, and what seemed like decent 4wd. I wouldn't take one over a Toyota, Subaru or Volvo in serious snow, but it was a pretty nice vehicle for a week.

I have had a ford my last 4 vehicles and have been very happy with them. Right now I have an Edge but admit it's cramped when I take boys and their friends skiing with all the gear. May have to look into a Thule box for the top. The Explorer was the perfect size.

Edited by Barb

Thanks, I'm ok, it happened in the last place I'd expect about 5 blocks from my house. I was driving slow anyway, so the deer took a skid and tumble on the street after we hit and then ran off. Hoping it didn't get banged too hard and recovers, not some slow painful death. But the front end got banged up, so I'm off to the body shop tomorrow morning. Another $500 up in smoke for a deductible.

I just hit a full grown deer with my 2012 Honda Pilot around 2:30 today, and the car was driveable.

I hit one with my XC60 March 2012. Volvo's are like tanks. I didn't feel any impact when I hit it. I saw the creature fly through the air, but I still had to get out of the car to be sure. It was weird.

Then I felt bad that I couldn't shoot it. [emoji379]