Peak Resorts IPO

C1erArt

Mt. Snow and JFBB are probably their only cash cows. Wildcat hardly does any skier visits and really lacks that resort aspect in any way shape or form. It's a day trip area close to SR. It really lives in a shadow. White Mountain National Forest also restricts the development potential. That IPO is strictly for restructured debt. Not a fan with its current assets.

I thought we were missing one area. Attitash is definitely a cash cow. Mt. Snow probably is the winner in terms of revenue. I think they had to buy Wildcat with Attitash.

Does anyone know the land agreements on any of their properties? Did they buy the land under JFBB? I'm fairly certain Wildcat is a lease, but I'm not sure of the others.

Using Wildcat as their early season mountain is probably a pretty smart call. Even if they don't get the skier visits, the temps there are much colder than at Snow or Attitash and the snowmaking efficiency and cost savings for not blowing in as marginal conditions is huge. If they put together a t2b run by the end of next weekend, they will easily have the best run in New England this early in the season.

they own the land at jfbb.  that happened 2-3 yrs ago.  I believe wildcat is forestry land, so no hopes of expansion there, but they did do quite an upgrade to the snowmaking system.  

Excellent news. Maybe JF will actually build some decent lifts, install lights for night skiing and have a longer season.

Another really well thought out post by you.  Do you really think any of the items you listed there will have a good return on their investment?  There are so many more things they could do to increase revenue before just throwing money at the place.  

You could shred mashed potatoes and spread them around bb....that crowd would still ride it

i kinda think that whole park thing is on a downhill slide somewhat, but thats just my opinion.  It would be interesting to see volume from like 2008-2011 vs. last year.  

• Like 3

I think nationally the park scene is on the decrease. Very few mountains in the northeast have a mega park anymore, and even fewer are boasting a pipe. Killington, SR, and Loon are the only three that come to mind, but I haven't been to Okemo or Stratton in awhile, and both of them used to be players as well.

Edited by Ride Delaware ?

I think nationally the park scene is on the decrease. Very few mountains in the northeast have a mega park anymore, and even fewer are boasting a pipe. Killington, SR, and Loon are the only three that come to mind, but I haven't been to Okemo or Stratton in awhile, and both of them used to be players as well.

huh? Freeskiing was just in the Olympics for the first time ever last year. You think there's gonna be a decline in people buying park skis or snowboards and riding park? I'd bet against that. Pipes are horrendous to maintain, and actually require a good amount of skill to ride properly. Anybody and their mom can hit a small jump or slide a flat box, as is evidenced by rolling through lower at blue on any given weekend. Okemo still has a sizable park, as does Stratton. Heck, Carinthia at mt snow is nothing but park. Membership numbers for newschoolers.com are continually rising, and people take trips to summit county just to ride the parks at key and breck. This stuff is not going away any time soon.
  • Like 4

If they can't market to the Jibhonks than they have to market to the noobs since all the legit people ski at Blue already.

Another if you don't ski at Blue you suck post by Douglas...

Anyone surprised?

I'll be over at Jack Frost with the rest of the non legit skiers who choose to ski there for their own personal reasons.....

Fwiw.... I've got nothing but love for anyone who brings revenue and helps keep these mountains open for business..

• Like 1

Phillycore u only ski at Jack Frost cause its free

Doug.... If you remember correctly I purchased a season pass there for a few seasons prior to working there, and believe me I'm not skiing for free.

And he gets to give cougars lessons as well.

The large majority of the individual lessons that I've taught over the past 4 years have been to 6-12 yo beginners and first time skiers.

Being someone who only skis on weekends and holidays....jack frost has a lot of advantages over blue for me.

• Like 1

Doug.... If you remember correctly I purchased a season pass there for a few seasons prior to working there, and believe me I'm not skiing for free.

The large majority of the individual lessons that I've taught over the past 4 years have been to 6-12 yo beginners and first time skiers. Being someone who only skis on weekends and holidays....jack frost has a lot of advantages over blue for me.

Wow. Just wow. Phillycore you know logic and facts won't work in an argument with GSS. SMH... Shaking my Harry Styles

e12d7a11d151087f0acc7f6f9cc71ca7.jpg

FWIW... Jackson Frost sees it's share of legit skiers. Especially mid week.

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

High speed lift on a 600vert. mountain is about as silly an idea as I can think of.  By the time the chair engages with the main cable, it would be time for it to detach to unload...

and heck, JF has about 38 fixed grip lifts at this point, don't they?  They pretty much have one chair lift for every trail.

I would love if they replaced at least one of the fixed grip with a HIgh speed.

The only place it even makes sense to put in a high speed is over at the Park.  that lift usually sees most of the traffic.  i rarely use that lift, so no benefit for me.  And really, lets face it, a high speed lift at Frost isnt gonna happen.  

I'd go there a bunch more if it had a high speed lift on East mtn

Kinda why i dont mind that there isnt a high speed lift there.