12-28 empty TR from the lot

VTmark

Went up for a night sesh with MattEdge last night. Same shit conditions as trackbiker described. Noobs included. Ripped from 6 till they kicked us off the hill because ZFG. The spine on main that was becoming my favorite feature is not much of a spine anymore. Sadface. Apparently there were a few times where sparks were flying off of my edges. I love seeing it when others do it but hate when I hear it was my edges. They were blowing on razors for at least two hours before they gave up on that. The new slope side restaurant was open for biz. Looked like they did moderate business. I'll check it out soon enough.

Any report from today? I know mattedge was there this am. I just left my office in newark de so it will be a few hours before i get up there.

I almost went but I had work. Plus I can't keep buying tix. I have two 6 packs to use up but they aren't good this week. I think I may have already come close to spending $500 on tix and it's not even January.

rode the lift with mattedge. run of the day was main early on - like buttah! newly blown bitty bumps were fun for a bit until the glacier ice poked through the troughs. lazy to falls was good as well with some fresh gunpow up top. paradise was a bit chunky but got better as it got ski'd in. got to ride with my kids, was a fun morn capped off with a javahead!

• Like 1

Yesterday a.m. come around and midway were good, chute got a little skied off. Main was good t2b, early on the bumps were surprisingly good but got icy as the day wore on although still skiable. Lazy was ok on the left side, falls was good for my entire stay, homestretch was the most sugary, I didn't make it over to paradise. Blowing was taking place in earnest on widow maker, razors, the bunny hill by the road in the valley, and various solo spots here and there. Slopes got progressively more crowded as the day went along, making lower main a bit crazy as usual with limited terrain.  I think I missed a memo, this year it seems that we are supposed to stop in large slope blocking groups at the bottom of home stretch just before the turn to the six pack. 

Edited by zzslope