Jackson hole stoke thread 2015...

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Room not ready. At snake river brewery.

Had a great morning, HS lift = 10 runs in 2 hours, legs felt like they skied for 4. 1st chair FTW

Boom on first chair. Extra stoke points if it was an all PASR first chair. If I went to blue today I would have left at 6:30am and arrive at 715am. Instead left at 4:45am for Newark airport.

• Like 1

On the bus right now chatting with some jersey folks who were here last year at the same time is year. The bus is the worst part of the trip. Nthe drivers are slow and annoying and it's warm and cramped but miraculously there are two empty seats and one is next to me.

Also a super got chick across from me on bus... I have a half Chubb. That's like a quarter boner.

Day 1 of 7...

Today began with the 8am bus from the 49er to Teton village. Arrived at the village around 835am, picked up out passes and were joined by Nazareth Jay by the gondola. First lift ride up we were joined by a dog and patroller. There was a small fog layer mid mountain which made the first run on amphitheater a little rowdy. Then we took the thunder chair up and went down Laramie bowl which was super nice stiff cord. Up sublette to cheyanne bowl which was nice chalky bumps...back to sublette up sublette again to ten sleep bowl to the cirque..was pretty good back into the amphitheater fog and back to thunder. Up thunder and another run on Laramie bowl. Up sublette then rendevous trail to the Hobacks which was pretty nice chalky snow. Near the bottom my boots were buggy me but otherwise was a decent boot day.

Crowds were moderate for a weekend...no tram line early but a pretty long one after our Hobacks run so we went over to Teewinot and saw Nazareth skier jays wife, bro in law, baby and mother in law outside one of the fire pits at the four seasons under blankets..a blanket was the last thing I needed as I was sweating...woo. Up Teewinot up après Vous down some random groomer along the super GS course. Then back all the way to the base. Into a packed gondola cabin and 5 of 8 of us were on out smartphones and some loser snowboarder said what a travesty it is that everybody is on their phones and not interacting. What a douchebag and even worse he was wearing a go pro. Then we doodled around under the gondola cut over to Casper via some woods and did tree laps off the Casper lift...Moran face and Moran woods. There's a new run cut called Kemmerer which will be under the lift they build to the top of the crags this summer.

Last run we did Moran woods and ended up on Jackson face right below the Casper chair. Then went to the Alpenhof and were joined by Mrs. NazarethSkier jay and junior..I had a veal bratwurst platter that came with a roasted tomato, kraut and some sort of potato and coarse brown mustard. Also a cup of soup with spinach sausage and bacon. It hit the spot as I hadn't eaten since the bagel sangwich in the room at 655AM. All in all a nice first day with pleasent weather and decent snow conditions. Was so nice skiing nice natural bumps not the seeded crap blue has. Looks like very warm weather maybe spring conditions tomorrow and Tuesday and then snow coming in Tuesday night and Wednesday. Also if Nazareth skier jays middle name was dip he'd be knows as Jay Dip... Wow just wow...right now on the 3pm bus back to town.

• Like 5

Surprisingly good for the lack of recent pow.  Bumps aren't that huge, but they're soft and playful.  Great first day on the hill with GSS and NSJay.  The 3000+ vertical foot run from the top of the Sublette Chair to the bottom of the Hobacks is always a fun run..and my first real "run" of the year.

• Like 3