Jackson hole stoke thread 2015...

GrilledSteezeSandwich

So easy just to swipe a CC instead of carrying cash on a trip.

I have a credit card it's necessary for snacks on the plane. Also easy carrying a couple pieces of paper. If I get robbed can go to ATM machine and take out more money. If entire wallet is robbed, Atomic Jeff will get me.

AtomicSkier isn't taxi $35...don't be stingy on the tip.

Anyway years back when I had a gambling problem I ran up my credit cards into the five figures so I don't use CC's much. Paid for my blue pass with a check, JH trip with check and ski boots with cash. Alot of my friends, especially girls never have cash.

You buy snacks on the plane? You know you can put a granola bar in your pocket and walk on.

The snack packs they sell are pretty good. I'm on vacation I buy what I want..sometimes I buy a sangwich at the airport to bring on the plane. You think I'm as fat as I am from eating granola bars? I eat food that tastes good..not hippie crap.

With all the benefits and rewards credit cards offer paying with cash is basically giving away free money.  I pay for everything possible on a credit card.

That's great you're perfect. I also tip way more than necassaey. I don't mind throwing away money...as long as I don't run out. I can't wait till the haters come out when I quit at 1:30 or 2 the first day...lol.

Time to set a tombstone. Later.

That's great you're perfect. I also tip way more than necassaey. I don't mind throwing away money...as long as I don't run out. I can't wait till the haters come out when I quit at 1:30 or 2 the first day...lol.

Not perfect, just smart.

My airfare to Whistler and rental car this year are free because of reward points.  It is stupid to not take advantage of stuff like this.

• Like 2

Not perfect, just smart.

My airfare to Whistler and rental car this year are free because of reward points. It is stupid to not take advantage of stuff like this.

Yup! I paid $10 to fly round trip to Utah and $20 for my flight to Tahoe and home from San Fran. Just those stupid fees that are mandatory. Couldn't have done that without credit cards earning miles.

When are you going to whistler? I've never been there mid winter. Just three times in May.

Yup! I paid $10 to fly round trip to Utah and $20 for my flight to Tahoe and home from San Fran. Just those stupid fees that are mandatory. Couldn't have done that without credit cards earning miles.

When are you going to whistler? I've never been there mid winter. Just three times in May.

Feb 28th - Mar 11th.  

In my experience mid Feb - mid March are the best times to go as far as snowfall.  I've never had bad snow in all the times I have been there and a few times we have gotten absolutely hammered with no stop snow.

Burton71 how do you like Whistler compared to Jackson hole? I was there in 1999 with my Dad but only skied there four days. We got dumped on but it was more the heavy wet variety of snow. Something like 42 cement-ameters. I'll be back there sometime..travel there isn't as convenient as the US Rockies.

Burton71 how do you like Whistler compared to Jackson hole? I was there in 1999 with my Dad but only skied there four days. We got dumped on but it was more the heavy wet variety of snow. Something like 42 cement-ameters. I'll be back there sometime..travel there isn't as convenient as the US Rockies.

Things I like better about WB than JH is just the sheer size of the place.  It doesn't get tracked out nearly as quickly and crowds even on powder days are manageable because it is so spread out.  Terrain variety is similar but WB just has a lot more of it.  Top to bottom runs off of Peak chair on good weather days are unbeatable and stupid long...you can basically ride double black / black runs all the way down to Creekside.  The apres is better in WB, its hard to not have a good time at any price point in the village...plus with the work exchange the amount of imported Aussie girls is mind blowing.  And with the current USD -> CAD exchange rate it can also be noticeable cheaper to go to WB.

Things that are worse about WB...getting there.  If all goes well it isn't bad but it is a long flight(s), you have to deal with customs, and then a solid 2 hour drive if the weather is good.  Once there the weather can be annoying at times depending on the freezing level.  You'll get sun, snow, blinding fog, and rain all in one run.  So it can cut the mountain in half as far as good conditions go.  They can be slow to open the alpine on some days as well.  

Edit:

This will show you how big WB.

http://media.intrawest.com/whistler/flash/trailmap/compare_acre.swf?width=740&height=510%22%20rel=%22prettyPhoto%22

Edited by burton71
  • Like 1

I found $5 at wawa today.  i figured good karma was more important than a $5 come up so i asked the guy standing next to it if it was his, he said no.  Now i have good karma and $5!

That's cool. Did you know they don't even have a WaWa in Jackson Wyoming. All they have is a place called a Loaf and Jug..dafuk