Jackson hole stoke thread 2015...

GrilledSteezeSandwich

What a bunch of gapers at breakfast. Dudes wearing helmet indoors people fully geared up. Wow just wow. 49er is full mountain is empty. T shirt day today. Gonna be near 40 up high. Chalk gonna turn to corn and butter then overnight into frozen crud. Snow in the forecast for Tuesday night and Wednesday. Hopefully at least a decent amount.

Super jelly, looks like some nice chalky groomers...

Everything was chalky. Yesterday was a mantra day today shiros. At racing tonight tell Johnny style we wish he was here.

January 26th Day 2 of 7

Hey all,

I'm finished with another fun ski day at Jackson hole mountain resort. We began the day with the first Tram ride and at 9:09AM we were atop Rendevous mountain 10,450 feet in elevation..was 35 degrees under sunshine with mid 20s and freezing fog below. Nazareth Jay just barely made the first Tram and out first run wasn't the easiest with a kind of chunky rendevous owl to some bumps in cheyanne bowl back to sublette chair. Not like the groomer warm up of yesterday. Up Sublette and we went over to Laramie bowl which was pretty stiff cord then down to thunder and down a fast amphitheater run where I was yelled at by patrol for fast skiing. Up Thunder and down Grand which was kind of choppy. Up Sublette again and over to the Cirque for which was baking in th sun and yielded some sweet soft corn. Some really nice turns on my shiros and then over to the Casper lift via nez perce traverse and croaky point.

As we neared the Casper lift we were back into the almost zero visibility freezing fog which provided relief as I was sweating and I didn't even pop a Molly, eat spicy food, sit in a sauna or go through a field sobriety checkpoint. Up Casper lift and into Moran woods which was variable. Some nice soft snow some stiff...Nazareth Jay then left us to meet his wife who was ready for some runs and base on pictures I saw looks like she had a great time at one of north America's elite ski resorts. We decided to go up Casper lift again then cut over to the marmot lift which is a double and used to be the east ridge double which serviced rendevous bowl the two seasons there was no Tram..I believe 06-07 and 07-08. We then hit up woolsy woods which was mostly bumps then over to thunder p thunder to grand woods which as pretty nice. Up sublette and a nice long 3600 vert run down Bivoac woods to Bivoac to rendevous trail to south pass traverse to dicks ditch to lower tram line into the freeZing fog to the Teewinot lift. Up Teewinot up après Vous. Did a groomer down the Giant slalom course from yesterday which still had an official start which was almost a wall and blue snow. I thought about eating the blue snow but reminded myself that the flavor wouldn't be that good.

After that groomer run up après Vous again and our first run of this trip down Saratoga bowl which is one of the rockiest areas of the resort and it was pretty good. Some smooth some bumps trees boulders and a gnarly traverse out. After about 25,000 vert and skiing off 8 different lifts I was toast not like the bread or the PASR poster but tired so to the mangy moose to two 60 ounce pictures of Pacos IPA and Jeff and I split nachos and I had tomato bisque soup and he had beef chili..our waitress was hot as fuck. I would have eaten a mile of her shit to see where it came from. Bill was $54 I paid with a $100 and got two $20s and a $5 and $1 as change. Really wow..I'm not giving a $20 tip and needed the $6 for the town bus luckily Jeff had a $10 for tip. I find that waitresses shoot themselves in th foot not giving a good variety of bills to the tip. Oh well that's a real first world problem. Fuck my problems aren't even first world.

We could have taken the 3pm free bus but would have been packed with goobers so on the town bus for $3 each both with our own row. Some hippie take a load off Annie shit is playing and we are almost back in town. It's crazy so much hippo regaee music and 60s and 70s music plays here yes this is a playground for he 1%ers. I figured rich people liked better music. Oh well..maybe one day they will play some decent music like the beastie boys or Ke$ha...I'll prob hit up the gourmet shop for some goodies for the room hummus cheese crackers maybe buy some more jack Daniels as the pint I bought two days ago is mad ghost mad Kansas dust in the wind..getting sangwiches from Betty rock tonight. Maybe Nanis pasta house tomorrow or caldera pizza tomorrow. Already hit bubbas, snake river brew pub and the Wort hotel. JADIP. Just another day in paradise. Pictures to come in a littl bit.

Atomic Jeff keeps water, street shoes, ski lock, granola bars and other things in his back. Me personally I don't like skiing with a pack.

Street shoes just in case someone challenges him to a basketball game on the slopes? 

Edited by GSSucks
  • Like 7

On the bus I took the chance not sitting next to Jeff and lucked out and little kid sitting next to me. Bus driver is straight up nutty today. Nazareth jay is pokey I doubt he 'll make first gondola oh well maybe he'll cut the line lol he did just barely make the first tram. Tomorrow prob take the town bus since it will be a pow day. Freezing fog again in the valley. B

Some euros on the bus. They just look different different facial expressions and shit.

Great day today at Jackson Hole mountain resort complete with expert terrain...video footage..dancing..photos and a gourmet lunch.

Day 3 January 27th 2015

Today started with the first civilian gondola and a few fast cruisers on amphitheater, Laramie bowl and rendevous trail. We doodled around in the Casper and après Vous areas then it was go time for some steeps. Nazareth jay said that he didnt think I could ski thunder bumps nonstop or if I did I'd have a heart attack. Well he can suck it cause I skied all 1,000 vert or so of em top to bottom non stop in control and down the fall line. Woo that felt good. We skied paintbrush which was nice and chalky with some cliff areas to navigate. Peed in the woods and also let out some hoots and hollers danced to turned down for what skied a Hobacks run where there's video of me skiing and dancing that will be posted in a few hours and had lunch at the handlebar in the four seasons and use of the finest bathroom in town. They even have mouth wash on demand. Report kind of short cause battery kind of low all in all we skied somewhere around 15 runs and 25,000 vertical feet in under five hours...my boots feel good my legs feel alright and clouds are moving in which will bring snow tonight...JADIP.

• Like 2