1/16/15...sun, clouds, snow

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey all,

I'm back from a quick session at Blue mountain. I would have stayed longer but I switched my A-Lines into my new boots which proved to be no good on my right foot as there's just not enough volume for them as the heal is lifted quite a bit and that's my larger foot. Was giving me a nasty pressure point in the middle of my boot...was much better Tuesday night with just the stock liners..which wasnt bad for my first time on a pair of new boots.

I arrived at the lower lot at around 1145am and while the entire drive was sunny..a thick cloud cover took over with flurries. Crowds were less than I expected with no real liftline for the six pack and the typical mostly gaper mellow weekday crowd. I mainly skied razors edge and I can honestly say that those three rollers..especially the last one really kill the flow of the trail..really makes it much tougher to ski it at top speed which is lame. For years razors was smooth and last year they added a roller but now there's more. I don't like the roller on Dreamweaver either. The snow ok razors was a combination of packed powder and loose granular.

The only other run I skied besides Razors was Switchback which was packed powder and frozen granular so not as good as razors. Sidewinder is now open and looks like some different features but I didn't ski it as the snow looked super chunky. The temperature was in the low to mid 30s with strong winds and I was definitely over dressed as I had a fleece layer..I sweat every run I skied. I only had a lift conversation with one person..this 26 year old girl from Connecticut who said it was so warm she didn't even wear snow pants..she was wearing some sort of pajama pants yet had a facemask on. She asked me if it was snowing and I said yes...no it's feathers jajajajajajaja..and she said that was so cool lol..I would have skied with her but she was a rent-tard and I don't have time for that.

Anyway I'm looking forward to skiing tomorrow in more comfortable boots and home fully I can break these in before Jackson hole. If not ill be pacing in circles around my apartment prior to my trip. My old boots had about 230 days on them over 4.5 seasons so even though they are the same size the new boots are much more snug. They are actually easier to get into than my old nordicas but getting out is difficult especially when it was cold the other night. Oh well..#SkierProblems...still better than work. See all y'all tomorrow. Gonna be in the single digits to start and still a little windy so dress warm..yes I'm talking to you Toast!!!!!

• Like 3

how was the snow ? Say first big right on Switchback, my theory is the slick spots over say the past week are traffic related mostly.

The snow was alright. I just love that early morning smooth fresh cord..luckily I'll get that the next three days.

Switchback was better than Tuesday night..I wasn't skidding or anything just not like wow that was awesome.

I should have got to blue earlier but partied hard last night. Some girls from Wednesday night karaoke at stooges said they were gonna be at Rooselvelts last night so I went there. One of theLehigh valleys hottest DJ was there and like ten girls I know from karaoke and just two dudes so I was dancing up a storm and yeah I was sweating..woo..that Bobby Schmurda song Hot N**** had me busting out some new moves I was working on. I can honestly say I'm a better dancer than skier. Only a couple brothers were ever at my level.

But I've been hip hop dancing since 6th grade.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1pHHclwCsZU

• Like 1

Rollers or whoop dee doos or whatever used to be a camelback thing and they kind of suck...Blue never used to have em and have been adding more for speed control..they should just make the whole mountain rollers. One of these days maybe I'll land on someone on the other side of the rollers and decapitate them and then I'll sell them a tombstone.

Another good place for a roller would be the middle of the falls...Barb when Root is done giving it to you doggie style, I suggest you take note.

i like the rollers. the lip on the last head wall was nice last night and fun to launch. I could care less about 'maximum speed' as long as i'm having maximum fun!!!!

The lip of the last headwall is normal. Is not a roller...I'm talking before then.

Not liking rollers should be a reportable offense. Anyone second that?

Skiing bear creek should be a reportable offense. Also parking in the upper lot should be a reportable offense.

You know what my favorite kind of pie is??? Hair pie.

Along with your fur-burger?

i like the rollers. the lip on the last head wall was nice last night and fun to launch. I could care less about 'maximum speed' as long as i'm having maximum fun!!!!

Have you hit the landings on Sidewinder yet?

If not be forewarned, the SLOW message written in the snow (probably gone by now and no, not in yellow) is for real, especially on the last one.

The lip is sharp and if you carry hardly any speed you will catch a fair amount of air.

Went over the first two and thought the third would be the same, but NOT!

Edited by indiggio

Gotta look before you leap...I give you props for hitting the Big Dawg booters...how many feet is the biggest one???

there are no jumps yet, just piles that will be landings. I hope they make the lips appropriately steep to match those landings. If not, there's not gonna be much margin for error. Rail setups are pretty fun right now, especially central. That new dfd is awesome.

there are no jumps yet, just piles that will be landings. I hope they make the lips appropriately steep to match those landings. If not, there's not gonna be much margin for error. Rail setups are pretty fun right now, especially central. That new dfd is awesome.

Indeed! Yeah, they need to round off the knuckles or short landings are gonna be bad.