TR Jack Frost 2/1/2015

guitar73

the racer's strike again!  once again, challenge and Floyd's were roped off due to the race rats doing their thing.  east mtn was again down to one trail (if you don't count the little 12ft wide portion of solitude they didn't close).  in addition, both the boy scouts and the girl scouts were there...so that made parking and the base lodge a mess.  we opted to pay $10 for up close parking to avoid walking in from east jabbip. 

anyhow, snow as good. bumps on exhibition were starting to get nice.  one park and t-bolt glades were a bit thin.  packed it in a little early to grab some suds in the world famous e2000 lounge. 

good times had by all.

• Like 1

the racer's strike again!  once again, challenge and Floyd's were roped off due to the race rats doing their thing.  east mtn was again down to one trail (if you don't count the little 12ft wide portion of solitude they didn't close).  in addition, both the boy scouts and the girl scouts were there...so that made parking and the base lodge a mess.  we opted to pay $10 for up close parking to avoid walking in from east jabbip. 

anyhow, snow as good. bumps on exhibition were starting to get nice.  one park and t-bolt glades were a bit thin.  packed it in a little early to grab some suds in the world famous e2000 lounge. 

good times had by all.

was there yesterday as well

was actually surprised by the number of cars, but still found lifts relatively empty

slowest area was lunch up in the bar area. was with a group of 3 familys and we all had a great time

good times had by all.

I was there for about 2 hrs in the am.  The closing of challange and half of East is really starting to crawl up my ass, and i made it a point to discuss that with any individual that would listen. The little 12' stretch that was open on Solitude was a joke as well, i get why they did it, but it was just a waste of time to set up all those poles, since mad tree glade was still closed.  I know that my opinion and complaining wont really amount to much, but it did help pass the time since i was so bored with such limited terrain to play on.  I am convinced the person responsible for thinking this is a good idea, doesnt ski.  closing all those trails cuts the mountain in half.  If i came to ski for the day, and purchased a day ticket, i would have been pissed.  

Rant over.  On to Colorado.  

• Like 1

Was up with the wife Sunday afternoon for a couple of hours - Floyds was reopened.  Looking at PARACING.ORG, that was the last race at Jack Frost.  Interesting that they switched from Challenge to Floyds - makes it a lot more interesting for the racers.

But is was surprising nice, especially after radio station day on Friday.  Challenge and TBolt were still fairly flat, and Floyds was nice.  

Still hope they fill in to the left of the lower tower on TBolt - makes it a lot easier to stay out of the way of the rentals and kiddies.

Was up with the wife Sunday afternoon for a couple of hours - Floyds was reopened.  Looking at PARACING.ORG, that was the last race at Jack Frost.  Interesting that they switched from Challenge to Floyds - makes it a lot more interesting for the racers.

But is was surprising nice, especially after radio station day on Friday.  Challenge and TBolt were still fairly flat, and Floyds was nice.  

Still hope they fill in to the left of the lower tower on TBolt - makes it a lot easier to stay out of the way of the rentals and kiddies.

they didn't switch trails.  the races are still held on challenge.  they run practice gates on Floyd's b/c the jfbb team kids were complaining that they couldn't compete when they ski at blue mtn b/c razor's is much steeper than challenge. 

Why? They close razors all the time anyway. I've only had two runs on it this year.

Floyd's is supposed to be closed until 11 am...but they usually run late.  also, it's bad b/c of the trail layout of east mtn.  first, there aren't very many trails over there.  second, Floyd's is in the middle, so if you rope it off, you bisect that entire trail pod. at blue mtn, there are other options for the advanced skier when razor's edge is closed.

Edited by guitar73

Why? They close razors all the time anyway. I've only had two runs on it this year.

Wow thought you had a weekday session the other day. MLK day I got like a dozen razors runs. Otherwise not much. And C1 lives closer to blue than JF

Floyd's is supposed to be closed until 11 am...but they usually run late.  also, it's bad b/c of the trail layout of east mtn.  first, there aren't very many trails over there.  second, Floyd's is in the middle, so if you rope it off, you bisect that entire trail pod. at blue mtn, there are other options for the advanced skier when razor's edge is closed.

Agree. Floyd's makes Jack Frost why do you think I always ask how it was. I remember when my uncle was a patroller at JF and he was always talking about Floyd's. he said if you can ski Floyd's you can ski anything except corbetts.