Opening day 12/21 roll call...

GrilledSteezeSandwich

I'm

If only I tried to act like a know it all. I just like ski area info. I like to be informed. I do ride in PA. I think I got 5 days in PA last year. Rack it!!!

By golly you did. Did you ride with any PASRs or did you blow them off like guitar and JFDaN up at sugarbush.

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

I'm

By golly you did. Did you ride with any PASRs or did you blow them off like guitar and JFDaN up at sugarbush.

I didn't know SmartAss was going, and Guitar didn't hit me up before he came up. If I'm there, I'm always game.

I already took shit last year for not hitting any PASRs up. I think I came at like 5 PM on a Tuesday before a bachelor party. It was actually unplanned.

Everything before January is a bonus!!!

You got that right!!!

I decided last minute to go to blue last night cause I knew it may be my last chance to ride in 2015. I had so much fun that instead of being happy I got to ride unplanned, I'm jonse-ing to ride even more than I was a few weeks ago. Driving to windham to ride during heavy rain isn't the smartest thing to do, but my life has been full of bad decisions, so I'm considering it

Just make sure ahead of time that they're gonna be open. Remember what happened to Clark W Griswald and his family when they showed up at wallyworld that had me shake shake shaking my Herman!!!

• Like 1

On FB Blue posted they are closed for rest of 2015

Well duh do you see any snowmaking opportunities between now and January 1.

That's why yesterday was so special cause it had been so long since I skied and awhile till I ski again. I really hope they are open at least a few days before January 24th. My legs are not Jackson hole ready.

• Like 2

Really? Why not?

Me neither. The wet bulb isnt very favourable but still anything can happen sometime somewhere. Obama might make healthcare free which would give blue mountain more money for snowmaking and not over charging for hamburgers when they refund your season pass after a cold snap next week so theyll be open by jan 5th because god told toast smh sfrb sheetz bmdi

• Like 2

I don't give much weight to a forecast more than 5 days in advance.

It's been spot on for the last several weeks. The main culprit the next week or two is rain. A moist atmosphere does not allow the temperature to drop the typical 20-25 degrees at night time which allows for limited snowmaking in dry patters when daytime highs are well into the 40s. Anyway everywhere will be starting from scratch after the next three days.

Overnight lows in the 50s with fog and rain and an unfrozen ground eat snow that hasn't even had a chance to set up. Mount snow north will prob make it through the whole holiday week on limited terrain

Next to last run I was goofing off getting off the lift getting my skis out wide....got a little wider than I wanted with the combination of tired legs and soft snow.

I decided to just Pete Rose slide out of it comically instead of potentially pulling a muscle or something trying to get them back together.

I thought it was funny as hell myself.

• Like 2

No it's not. Anything before December is a bonus. December skiing is mandatory. Bottom line is this weather sucks ass and I miss last night :(

I was just quoting GSS. You know I don't believe that either.

I'd even be worried for the mountains in Southern VT. They don't have the elevation or the temps that the mountains Killington and up have the benefit of. Most of them have also blown on multiple trails to boost trail count instead of building a deep base. In most years they can expand trail count and the temps stay cold enough that they can resurface and build depths without anyone really noticing. Not this year. Even Killington and SR were melting out after the last stretch. Sugarbush barely made it though t2b.