1/16/16..nice conditions..fog to sun!!!

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I'm back from a fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 730am and the temperature was 37 degrees under fog and mist with some clear areas. In the house were Atonic Jeff, Johnny Law, JFBB-Dan, Toast, NMSki, Ryan, MBike Mike, Gary, Slim, concussion Ted and many others. As we stood waiting for the six pack to open concussion Ted told us that paradise was good but before we skies that we were awarded first civilian tracks on razors edge and the snow was good some little whoop dees and rollers to watch out for and setting up gates on razorback. Then I skied a few runs on paradise and it was like my favorite color..butter. Smooth and fast. Lazy mile to falls wasn't bad but still a lot of congestion on the falls. Main Street got beat up fast and we all had a fun run over to Burma road and back where we got a nice window without any people at the corners.

Temperatures rose into the 40s and crowds remained light likely due to the early ominous weather. I believe we got something like 11-12 runs between 8-10am the lift didn't stop much and most of the PASRs checked out the new run which is apparently legit. After skiing had a few dirt wolfs. We were going to go to CBI but it's closed now so we went to the BMDI instead for a variety of egg, waffle, bacon, sausage and chili dishes. Service always good there. Coffee on demand got caffeined up..back in the A now almost 50 degrees. Ski everybody tomorrow morning. Looks like colder temperatures and a return to snowmaking.

• Like 2

Today was certainly the best day of the season.  I haven't been exactly feeling it this year so far, but today helped turn that around.  Firmish snow this AM was a treat (especially Paradise) and was fast enough all morning to have fun.  The sun even peeked out for a little bit.  JADIP

Definitely best day and conditions of the season.

Once the sun came out, the bumps turned spectacular with very spring-like conditions.

Unfortunately they took a beating from use (some bare spots in troughs were coming up through) as well as a hoard of ski patrol doing drills across both lanes and pushing all the loose stuff into the troughs.

Why they can't just use one side of the bumps or the other is beyond me???

They also choose to all stand in the middle of the bumps causing us to divert out just for them.  Where's the etiquette?

The bumps ended up getting quite deep and still remained soft towards the end of daylight, so more fun was had along both sides of Main Street, also to avoid all the collisions occurring down the middle!

I think today topped the number of collisions that I've ever seen at Blue before.

People were semi-poaching Razors around 2ish, so we headed over there to find someone pulling down the tape at the top, but the "race" was still going on on Razorback so they fenced everyone over to Falls.

The top headwall of Razors was all soft and bumped up, which made for a lot of people wanting to go down but having a rough time of it.

For some unknown reason, the Quad was stopped for a pretty long time (10-15 mins) which had us bail over to the 6.

There was a slight crowd there, but only a few minute wait tops.  They didn't use a 6-organizer all day.

Final runs down Lazy found lots of little jumps on the left hand size every 10 yards or so. 

I don't know if they were built on purpose or what, but they were quite fun to hit on the way down.

Really felt like a March day at Blue out there today.

Edited by indiggio

Had a hell of a nice day with my dad out at Blue today. We're both very much beginners so we stuck to the greens with a single trip down Lazy thrown in. Arrived about 845 and put in a solid 10 runs plus a few Vista-only runs before heading out at about 330. Took about a 90 minute break for lunch at Slopeside. Just a nice day all around with great conditions, and feel like we both made some nice improvement. Probably won't get out again until next weekend.

• Like 7