Black Friday deals

enjoralas

Blue's Black Friday deals are a bit underwhelming, but that explorer learn to ski deal might be the best deal I've ever seen on practically anything ever. If anyone knows any true first timers in the area, point them there. $179 for three lessons, including beginner lift and rentals, and then at the end you get a free season pass!?! That's sick, even if the pass is only valid after 2/20.

The weekend 3-pack is overpriced at $189 in my opinion. That's only like $7 off a weekend ticket, and you have to pay up front and take on the risk of not using all 3. I know it's open- close vs 8 hr ticket, but most people won't need more than 8 hours anyway.

The weekday 3 pack isn't bad at $99, $22 per day off the normal price of $55 on weekdays.

What stinks about the beginner deal is by day two or for sure three skiers are gonna want to go on Burma and lazy mile and paradise and they can't with the limited lift ticket and also a lot of first time skier don't want to commit to three days.

I've had a few friends express interest in it. I would tell them not to even attempt Burma until they can turn parallel. That's at least into the second lesson, and probably even the third

I've had a few friends express interest in it. I would tell them not to even attempt Burma until they can turn parallel. That's at least into the second lesson, and probably even the third

I skied Burma my second time skiing. Lazy the third time. There wasn't lazy mile back then and I didn't go down Main Street till my second season. Anyway I don't see never Evers spending $200 but I could be wrong.

And the point is with this deal people can't do anything but easy out and vista their first three times or maybe the valley school at the base as well.

I skied Burma my second time skiing. Lazy the third time. There wasn't lazy mile back then and I didn't go down Main Street till my second season. Anyway I don't see never Evers spending $200 but I could be wrong.

And the point is with this deal people can't do anything but easy out and vista their first three times or maybe the valley school at the base as well.

I skied Burma my first time out. That's what life is like as the best skier on the mountain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I skied Burma my first time out. That's what life is like as the best skier on the mountain.

Was that on snowblades and the only reason I didn't ski Burma my first time out is cause I didn't have snowlerblades. When I saw that trail map I thought golly Burma is 4500 feet long...after easy and vista woo over a mile of excitement. Amazing that there's a run over a mile long on only 800 vertical feet☺️

But it includes lessons and rentals. You should be able to figure out by lesson 3 if you really like it and if it's worth it to invest in your own gear. Actually don't think Burma is that easy for a beginner. A lot of turns, sugar piles, people stopped and hanging out randomly.

Burma used to have a mini headwall midway down that they got rid of. For newish skiers and riders like their first 5 times out I think the middle section of lazy mile before the hard right then is tricky..we use it to get a few extra miles an hour before the turn and flat to falls and they hold on for their lyfe...and it starts off so mellow...the second left hander can be a serious bottleneck as well. Call me a purist I sometimes like to ski the whole mile.

• Like 1

Was that on snowblades and the only reason I didn't ski Burma my first time out is cause I didn't have snowlerblades. When I saw that trail map I thought golly Burma is 4500 feet long...after easy and vista woo over a mile of excitement. Amazing that there's a run over a mile long on only 800 vertical feet[emoji5]

Burma used to have a mini headwall midway down that they got rid of. For newish skiers and riders like their first 5 times out I think the middle section of lazy mile before the hard right then is tricky..we use it to get a few extra miles an hour before the turn and flat to falls and they hold on for their lyfe...and it starts off so mellow...the second left hander can be a serious bottleneck as well. Call me a purist I sometimes like to ski the whole mile.

Nope. 3rd grade. Salomon x-screams or whatever the rentals were.

Problem with trying Burma first time out is if you can't turn parallel it's so narrow. I took my first timer lesson at Blue and by the end they had me up on the chair (2/3 of the class never got off the carpet) and linking wedge turns.

The next week I went up to Camel because a friend hooked me up with a bunch of free tickets and was cruising the heck out of Sunbowl so I decided to head to the top of the mountain to try the green routes down. That didn't work out too well for someone skiing wedge turns, lol.

But it includes lessons and rentals. You should be able to figure out by lesson 3 if you really like it and if it's worth it to invest in your own gear.

Actually don't think Burma is that easy for a beginner. A lot of turns, sugar piles, people stopped and hanging out randomly.

That's they key, heck, rentals are $40, so it's $20 for a lesson and beginner lift. If someone were to decide on lesson 2 they wanted more they could buy a ticket and still be ahead money wise.

I wonder if you can use your pass on lesson day 3 if it's after 2/20? Or if you could take two lessons back to back and count it as days 2 and 3? Lol

There wasn't lazy mile back when? Pretty sure I skied that when it was still Little Gap in the early 80s? Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

My dad took up skiing at 40 because it was something I really wanted to do. He was a real piss on skis. You guys would have probably loved him. He snowplowed his way down EVERY trail at blue and he'd lean so far back that his back literally touched the snow on the steeper trails. His wipe outs were beyond ridiculous. Quite honestly, I don't know how he never got seriously hurt all the years we skied together.

My dad always had a hard time skiing Burma. He'd "lay it down" as he would put it at every turn. The times he didn't lay it down, he usually ended up getting caught by the net. That never discouraged him from trying the harder trails. He'd just light up a cigarette and literally smoke it as he skied down the trail in a full blown pizza wedge. His first time down falls was terrifying for me.

One of my favorite memories was when we were booting up in the summit lodge. My dad said, "I wonder if you are allowed to smoke in here." Some guy pops his head out of a door way, smoking a pipe, and says "Of course you can, I own this place." It was an older guy and he didn't look like much so I didn't really believe he owned the place. I later found out it was in fact Ray Tuthill. He'd probably roll in his grave now knowing the state doesn't allow you to smoke indoors.

• Like 7