2/11-2/12 roll call thread...

GrilledSteezeSandwich

After a pow day yesterday looks like a nice weekend is on tap at Blue mountain the true mountain. Saturday looks like it's gonna be pleasant weather with the temperature rising through the 30s maybe into the 40s and Sunday is questionable could be foggy and a little rain but things can change. Any PASRs gonna be at Blue this weekend??

Reminds me of a Jackson five song.

Way to get after it. I heard your pal VTMarks back is messed up. Saw him yesterday with his homey.

his back has been messed up since he ate shit off a jump in killington in spring 2008.  it was when i took amtrak up to visit him.  i remember standing next to the jump watching thinking to myself "He doesnt have nearly enough speed whatsoever."  sure enough, he ate shit and his back has been fucked up ever since.

reading ski reviews of the different PA mountains is funny, the negative ones are great. people show up to blue at noon on a saturday and act surprised its crowded lol

I read reviews on Yelp and TripAdvisor of places I've visited...hotels, restaurants, attractions and they are great. The ones for Dorney Park are A+...and usually one of those people who shows up at noon on Saturdays gets my parking spot so not all bad.

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

I read reviews on Yelp and TripAdvisor of places I've visited...hotels, restaurants, attractions and they are great. The ones for Dorney Park are A+...

i bet the theme park ones are great, especially six flags great adventure.  on one of the negative reviews someone said it took an hour to drive up camelback's access road.  there are a million and one things you can bash camelback for, but the access road is 10 minutes top, not an hour

I'm guessing Matt Edge Sunday..he's gonna love the spine on challenge. It's spicey

i bet the theme park ones are great, especially six flags great adventure.  on one of the negative reviews someone said it took an hour to drive up camelback's access road.  there are a million and one things you can bash camelback for, but the access road is 10 minutes top, not an hour

It's never even taken me an hour to get to camelback before and I drive like a grandma. People used to hate on Stooges my former local neighborhood bar that shut down last year. They'd complain that there were lots of local drunks and college girls who dressed slutty..for those two attributes alone I'd give the place a 5 out of 5.

I'm guessing Matt Edge Sunday..he's gonna love the spine on challenge. It's spicey

It's never even taken me an hour to get to camelback before and I drive like a grandma. People used to hate on Stooges my former local neighborhood bar that shut down last year. They'd complain that there were lots of local drunks and college girls who dressed slutty..for those two attributes alone I'd give the place a 5 out of 5.

That's the best part about a bar!!

I love the people who complain on yelp about restaraunts. "We came on a Friday night at 6:15 and my well done steak took 25 minutes to come out". People who have never worked BOH in a restaraunts have no idea what goes on back there and how long it actually takes food to cook, let alone when there's close to 200 plates worth of food on the board.

• Like 2

my favorite negative review at work was when a customer bought a new vehicle, then 5 months later hit a telephone poll, then threw a fit cause we wouldnt pay for the damage lol

Doesn't surprise me. I work for an insurance company as an auto appraiser, people think that we pay for EVERYTHING.

reading ski reviews of the different PA mountains is funny, the negative ones are great. people show up to blue at noon on a saturday and act surprised its crowded lol

Not surprising. But not worth going, while many other places in the Poconos are still very enjoyable at that time.

Heading to Camelback tomorrow. Likely pull in around 10 and ski all day without ever spending more than 5 minutes in a lift line. But Blue was fun on Monday.

May well be the first time I have ever skied the Poconos 3 days out of 6.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

Not surprising. But not worth going, while many other places in the Poconos are still very enjoyable at that time.

Heading to Camelback tomorrow. Likely pull in around 10 and ski all day without ever spending more than 5 minutes in a lift line. But Blue was fun on Monday.

Why do you get to the mountain so late? Don't you like fresh cord?

Everywhere is gonna have their busiest day of the season tomorrow...you heard it here first boys and girls.

And way to get after it Ski2Live!!! And congrats on hitting 1,000 posts today woo.

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 2

Never fall asleep til somewhere between midnight and 1. Wake at 7 and eat some food and coffee. From loading the car to driving up there and getting my gear on I spend about 2:15. Maybe I will hit the slopes by 930. If I break that routine it will either be to go further (Catskills) or cause it's a powder day.

I will definitely break the routine when I hit Blue on a weekend going forward too. But for CB I can get a reasonable srsrt and still get a real nice day in.

If trails aren't getting scraped I often enjoy them more later in the day when they start to get bumped up too.

woah woah woah woah hold up, as a former CB pass holder myself i find it hard to believe lift lines are that short.  camelback gets more crowded than blue, its just that they have the slow secondary lifts you can ride instead of the high speed.  the quad near cliffhanger has no secondary lifts, and lines for it get huge

We were talking today about how camelback is more crowded than blue and that at 10am parking there would be a disaster on a busy weekend because so many people are in local lodging or wake up at the butt crack of dawn to get after it. I still would like an alien pass thing at camelback late season. I had some fun spring days there and enjoy the hot wings and beer at barley creek.

• Like 2

We were talking today about how camelback is more crowded than blue and that at 10am parking there would be a disaster on a busy weekend because so many people are in local lodging or wake up at the butt crack of dawn to get after it. I still would like an alien pass thing at camelback late season. I had some fun spring days there and enjoy the hot wings and beer at barley creek.

the one good thing about camelback is all the secondary double and triple lifts they only turn on during crowded weekends

the one good thing about camelback is all the secondary double and triple lifts they only turn on during crowded weekends

Yup that's what Ski2Live is prob riding now..and prob still finding fresh cord on the hump

I still talk with my friend Nate about the time we got busted by the camelback yellow coats. Was 1997 and actually took my moms Honda Accord cause it was better then my Jetta I had. Drove up in mostly rain but was dumping on the mountain. Solid 18" up high by afternoon and the access road was sketch. We got caught skiing a closed trail to get fresh and had to forfeit our passes, watch a safety video and then we were issued new passes and strike 2's still skied a closed run the last run so the law didn't entirely win.

No speed patrol on paradise today but snow was sort of slow so didn't hit over 45 on there anyway.

• Like 1