Ski Season 17 - 18 thread

RidgeRacer

A blanket statement like December skiing at Blue isn't very good coming from Ski2Live is like a vegetarian giving a BBQ place a bad review GTFO

• Like 1

I definitely pay for some skiing in Dec on top of my PSAR cards. I don't do enough of it in PA to make it worth getting a pass somewhere.

Particularly when it is usually best done at Montage over winter break where there are no crowds, better terrain, and low prices.

Pointing to 2 great days is consistent with "rarely great"

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

Pointing to 2 great days is consistent with "rarely great"

I'm pointing to 2 great days that are blacked out on your Super Coupon Ski Card.  so, those are 2 great days that you would have been at home with your thumb up your ass, since your cheap ass wouldnt dare buy a lift ticket during that week that is considered a Holiday, so suck it.  

I would say the days we had last year in December were good days.  There were days i January i think it was when the snow wouldnt stay together and we had sugary conditions that were not great.  So your statement that December days are "rarely great" insinuates that Jan/Feb days are great.  i disagree.  

• Like 3

Skied about 8 days in Nov and Dec last year. I never avoid a worthy day of skiing based on cost. But nor do I dump $500 to be stuck skiing Blue all year, or ever venture there over winter break.

Got 30 days in last winter. Which is about the max possible working 5 days a week and not digging night skiing.

i was surprised as to how un-crowded it was last year for the holiday week. That was a fun week.

Yup we always shutdown the week between xmas and New Years because business is so dead that week.

Ribeye (split a 22 oz), Horseradish mashed potatoes, Sierra Nevada Torpedo. Bruce show was awesome.

Way to get after it.

Ribeye is the best cut of steak.

I'm on the fence, for the $449 its a no brainer but I had no idea I would be living anywhere near blue. I guess the thing that's holding me back is the fact that it'll mean an hour and 15 minutes up and the same back so that would make me think twice about running up there all the time. I'm used to Montage where I would run over after work for 2 hours and then drive 10 minutes home. 

Gotta do what you gotta do.....only person who can answer that is you, shit i've driven three hours (1 1/2 each way) to get there at 8:30 and peaced out an hour later. I view my season pass as I paid whatever it cost for the first run and everything after is gravy....if I go skiing at night and its total dog shit where even I can't find something to be happy about and I ski 5 runs I don't care.

All things are economic in some sense but skiing is a break from that kinda shit, I'm putting wood and metal boards on my feet and going downhill at high speed, it's not a rational thing in some sense.

There is a day almost every season that makes the pass worth it, it's the good days certainly where it snows but sometimes it's the random Tuesday night where its just stupid weather or somebody said something really funny and that's what the season pass buys me. Work sucks, people suck, maybe I'm taking shit too seriously so let's go skiing and remember what's important in life.

I've been driving alot alot for many years though so I'm used to being in the car for a good portion of my day. What's weird maybe is that on one hand you learn to really enjoy the time alone at peace while at the same time little regular traffic will drive you nuts because you feel your whole fucking life is spent in the car.

• Like 2

I want a combined blue mountain Jackson hole pass..two seasons ago Jackson hole had 50% off lift tickets for season pass holders from other mountains during the last 3 weeks of January. That savings on 8 days of skiing almost saved me the value of my season pass. Last season it was 40% off in late January and this year the 40% off is in December. They are offering $200 airline credit on stays of 6 or more nights booked through central reservations.post-512-0-36850900-1507837243_thumb.png

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

I want a combined blue mountain Jackson hole pass..two seasons ago Jackson hole had 50% off lift tickets for season pass holders from other mountains during the last 3 weeks of January. That savings on 8 days of skiing almost saved me the value of my season pass. Last season it was 40% off in late January and this year the 40% off is in December. They are offering $200 airline credit on stays of 6 or more nights booked through central reservations.attachicon.gifIMG_1116.PNG

Aw man...no January discount.  Boooo.  Does frontier fly to JH?

• Like 1

Yeah, I am watching my weight and did not want to eat 22 oz of steak. They divided it onto two plates for us in the kitchen and we each got a perfect amount.

I would have eaten the whole thing when I was 6 years younger and 35 lbs heavier. Fortunately I look and feel at least 5 years younger now than I did then thanks to eating less and exercising more.

• Like 1

Yeah, I am watching my weight and did not want to eat 22 oz of steak. They divided it onto two plates for us in the kitchen and we each got a perfect amount.

I would have eaten the whole thing when I was 6 years younger and 35 lbs heavier. Fortunately I look and feel at least 5 years younger now than I did then thanks to eating less and exercising more.

How did your date go?