Ski Season 17 - 18 thread

RidgeRacer

$600 gets you about 10 PS&R cards for 10 days each at Frost, Shawnee, CB and Blue. So Blue pass only worth it if you want to ski in PA more than 40 days and do Blue every time

It seems like these cards won't be available this year.

"We appreciate the support you have shown over the years, however these cards will not be available through the Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau this year. But have no fear, the deals are still here! We encourage you to visit our individual ski areas for their early bird specials and season pass sales!"

https://www.poconomountains.com/things-to-do/ski-snow-activities/ski-and-ride-card/

"We appreciate the support you have shown over the years, however these cards will not be available through the Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau this year. But have no fear, the deals are still here! We encourage you to visit our individual ski areas for their early bird specials and season pass sales!"

https://www.poconomountains.com/things-to-do/ski-snow-activities/ski-and-ride-card/

They may be still be available through the ski clubs.

Ski2Live doesn't even get to blue until 10am and he's salty about the VIP line.

Funny thing is that it takes 5 hours to ski as much vertical at montage as two hours at Blue and it's an hour farther drive.

i thought montage was second best in pa until i rode there 3 days in one season.  ended up knocked down to #4

i thought montage was second best in pa until i rode there 3 days in one season.  ended up knocked down to #4

I'd like to check out Blue knob..I already basically slob blues knob lol

The problem with montage is lack of runout and nothing steep on the top half of the mountain. Ski2Live was hating on homestretch I hope he took my suggestion of rubbing liquid soap or dawn dish soap on the bases of his skis so he wouldn't come to a complete stop on homestretch lol.

I'd like to check out Blue knob..I already basically slob blues knob lol

The problem with montage is lack of runout and nothing steep on the top half of the mountain. Ski2Live was hating on homestretch I hope he took my suggestion of rubbing liquid soap or dawn dish soap on the bases of his skis so he wouldn't come to a complete stop on homestretch lol.

montage is fun, but it is essentially 3 good runs on the north face.  i dont count white lighting cause of the moguls. 

if this is true, skistolivealot will need to go on suicide watch.  That will definitely have an impact on his vert and $$/run.  

• Like 2

Admittedly Montage is a little lacking on decent vert and diversity of steep trails and I guess slow lifts but the real key to that place is that you can show up at 10AM on a Saturday and have small lines and untouched snow. Plus, for me at least it's not about the trails there, it's about everything else around them. Hands down my favorite "trail" in PA is starting at the top of White Lightning and finishing at the bottom of Boomer. That little bit of woods is fantastic. And of course you can go in their marked glades and have a damn good time, especially if you blaze your own path and take the trees all the way to the bottom of the mountain. 

• Like 3

Admittedly Montage is a little lacking on decent vert and diversity of steep trails and I guess slow lifts but the real key to that place is that you can show up at 10AM on a Saturday and have small lines and untouched snow. Plus, for me at least it's not about the trails there, it's about everything else around them. Hands down my favorite "trail" in PA is starting at the top of White Lightning and finishing at the bottom of Boomer. That little bit of woods is fantastic. And of course you can go in their marked glades and have a damn good time, especially if you blaze your own path and take the trees all the way to the bottom of the mountain. 

In the end, its all skiing in PA.  Each has its good points and bad points to be weighed out by the skier.  If slow lifts piss you off, then its off to Blue and Camelback.  If crowds at 10 AM arent your thing, Montage and Frost would be a go to.  

Back to the "what should Schif do for a pass" post......Score some discount tix to Blue. (see skisalottolive) then, if you like what you see, PASR ski shack, beer on tap, dancing girls, good people in the lot, etc, buy the pass in late Feb or whenever they throw it out for ski the balance of this year and next year pass deal.  Just my worthless 2 cents.  

• Like 4

if Montage had long haul running, or a hsq top to bottom, it would be great. that place with snow off trail is a blast.

i feel like im one of the only people in  the world who has ridden long haul a majority of times ive been to montage.  ive been there probably 9 times and it was open for 6 or 7 of them

i feel like im one of the only people in  the world who has ridden long haul a majority of times ive been to montage.  ive been there probably 9 times and it was open for 6 or 7 of them

Well clearly they know who you are. The one who the Pope blessed.... who was supposed to have a statue atop Blue Mountain dedicated to you... who could write a 50+ year history of graffiti from memory.... and who graciously supplies his coworkers with pizza.

• Like 2

Well clearly they know who you are. The one who the Pope blessed.... who was supposed to have a statue atop Blue Mountain dedicated to you... who could write a 50+ year history of graffiti from memory.... and who graciously supplies his coworkers with pizza.

i appreciate the respect and admiration.  however, just being honest, i dont buy my co workers pizza

In the end, its all skiing in PA.  Each has its good points and bad points to be weighed out by the skier.  If slow lifts piss you off, then its off to Blue and Camelback.  If crowds at 10 AM arent your thing, Montage and Frost would be a go to.  

Back to the "what should Schif do for a pass" post......Score some discount tix to Blue. (see skisalottolive) then, if you like what you see, PASR ski shack, beer on tap, dancing girls, good people in the lot, etc, buy the pass in late Feb or whenever they throw it out for ski the balance of this year and next year pass deal.  Just my worthless 2 cents.  

I like this idea. Arguably worth at least 4 cents.