12/29 snowing.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Best conditions i have skied at Blue this year so far.  At least the first hour and a half to 2 hours.  Place was empty till about 10, it seems Blue Mt drive was shut down for a spell, and nobody from the Allentown area could make it to Blue unless they diverted through Palmerton.  The drive there was pretty uneventful, except for passing some motorists that were just going to damn slow, on what could be one of PA's best days so far  That seemed to be a common theme from everyone....slow driving MF's that shouldnt be on the road.  Dont these people know to stay off the roads on powder days?  Got a decent amount of runs in, Challenge probably topped the charts early on.  Upper main street didnt disappoint either.  The run out kinda sucked, but early on it was worth it.  Things started to get a little cement-like as we hit the parking lot to share our powder experience and sing a couple rounds of Kumbaya. 

After our well deserved break, we went out to make 2 more runs.  1 was pretty much all we could do, as the rain had definitely set in, and conditions went from cement-like, to straight up cement.  I bugged out around 11.  Roads were ok, but it is actually still snowing in Albrightsville.  Still very heavy wet snow.  

I measured about 3.5" of snow here, so JFBB will probably need a yardstick to measure theirs.  

post-1753-0-57292500-1483033693_thumb.jpg

post-1753-0-18622500-1483033730_thumb.jpg

This is PA, so i will take the little 2" powder day over yesterdays conditions anytime.  

• Like 4

Nice report JFDan and Nice pictures Toast!!

The drive up took me about 15 extra minutes and all I heard on the radio was accident after accident. The timing of the snow couldn't have been more perfect as they groomed before the snow began to fall at 6am and there was barely anybody at 8am. How is it possible at Blue the true to stroll to the six pack at 7:55am and get first chair on a pow day and for those naysayers who deny today was a pow day you weren't on an immaculate challenge the first three runs. Was a cord carpet with a pow carpet and toast was saying they mowed the grass so that's a triple carpet.

First chair was Indiggio, JFDan, Slim and a few randoms one of whom tried to get in front of me skating to the top of challenge. Little did he know I used to spend a lot of time at the fun rink back in the day and even took lessons from the DJ/janitor/ snack bar manager...X-Ing was pure sex..woo solid 3" there..Main Street was really nice first hour and a half..paradise was alright not enough pitch same with lazy. I was a little sad that nightmare-Dreamweaver wasn't open for the fresh but oh well. -Dan, Nastar Glenn, Justo, MBike and Rose were in the house. Apparently late arrivals had to drive through palmerton as the mountain road was blocked for awhile.

Around 10am we were in the lot having a beer and was changing over to rain then the people started arriving and the conditions changed from hero to mank. Had another lot beer soaked off my ass then went to the BMDI with -Dan and here in the A 97% of the snow is melted with moderate rain. What a treat getting several runs of freshies.

• Like 1

Best conditions i have skied at Blue this year so far. At least the first hour and a half to 2 hours. Place was empty till about 10, it seems Blue Mt drive was shut down for a spell, and nobody from the Allentown area could make it to Blue unless they diverted through Palmerton. The drive there was pretty uneventful, except for passing some motorists that were just going to damn slow, on what could be one of PA's best days so far That seemed to be a common theme from everyone....slow driving MF's that shouldnt be on the road. Dont these people know to stay off the roads on powder days? Got a decent amount of runs in, Challenge probably topped the charts early on. Upper main street didnt disappoint either. The run out kinda sucked, but early on it was worth it. Things started to get a little cement-like as we hit the parking lot to share our powder experience and sing a couple rounds of Kumbaya.

After our well deserved break, we went out to make 2 more runs. 1 was pretty much all we could do, as the rain had definitely set in, and conditions went from cement-like, to straight up cement. I bugged out around 11. Roads were ok, but it is actually still snowing in Albrightsville. Still very heavy wet snow.

I measured about 3.5" of snow here, so JFBB will probably need a yardstick to measure theirs.

attachicon.gifIMG_2836.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_2834.JPG

This is PA, so i will take the little 2" powder day over yesterdays conditions anytime.

Got caught in BM drive fiasco. Came to a stop in front of BMDI so gave the wheel to son #2 while I ran in and took care of business with their facilities and then sprinted 150 yards uphill back to car as conga line started rolling. That's level 3 whirly bird / bathroom activity!

Got to ski the sierra cement. Glad you guys got it. I sure as sh&t did not

• Like 2

Got caught in BM drive fiasco. Came to a stop in front of BMDI so gave the wheel to son #2 while I ran in and took care of business with their facilities and then sprinted 150 yards uphill back to car as conga line started rolling. That's level 3 whirly bird / bathroom activity!

best thing ive read on here in awhile lol

• Like 2

I feel like he's really mad about it too. Haha. Doug you did start the thread so don't feel too bad. A cool point for you as well my friend. [emoji106]

I would never be mad at a cool report as I like having a lot to read on here. I'm not fond of merging threads. I like having my own thread everytime I ski and I know my reports get a lot of views. I would have done a real time report but didn't wanna damage my phone and should have used a plastic bag like toast. I was so soaked that a check my parents gave me for Xmas that was in my wallet was nearly destroyed..it's alright I dried it out...but fuck a 37 year old Jew needs that Xmas cash to replenish the money I spent on others Xmas gifts lol funny but true.

• Like 1

I'm debating heading over for a few runs.

doo it! Great wet morning just dried out and mrs snobunski texted me to meet her for a few runs so I did, snow was fast and smooth but legs were shot, gonna sleep well tonight. Gianna check the Greek peak to see if the lake effect machine be cranking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

doo it! Great wet morning just dried out and mrs snobunski texted me to meet her for a few runs so I did, snow was fast and smooth but legs were shot, gonna sleep well tonight. Gianna check the Greek peak to see if the lake effect machine be cranking

Who is Gianna? Does snobunski know about her?

• Like 3

I'm trying to head up tomorrow to get this season rolling. Personal/work shit has been ridiculous. Who's going up in the AM?

i will be there.  been three days in a row and still havent gotten me a damn waffle.  hoping 4th time is a charm.  

• Like 2