12-27...some guy parked in my pee

Shadows

great morning today with everyone that was there. snow was great since they were blowing on some stuff still. mainstreet was amazing. razors was meh but for a first opening id say it was excellent. 

definitely props to the snowmakers. got some real nice product coming out of the guns this week. 

9:15 had lines already but nothing major. ski-po took someone out before they even opened basically. person came down from top at opening and got wrecked, somehow, on a whale at the bottom of the park right by the lift.... almost made it.

peed at my van and left. family van pulled in right after and dude opened his door up to mud. woops

• Like 1

I'm laughing at the title of this.  I'll add a little to the report. 

I arrived at Blue mountain the true mountain at 7:25am and it was 11 degrees out and the snowguns were blasting all over including lazy mile, switchback, nightmare to dreamweaver, Central Park and tuts lane.  

It wasn't as windy as yesterday and in the house were Toast, Shadows, Matt Edge, Root, Nastar Glenn, Indiggio, Slim and many others. Very nice snow on the majority of the terrain. Challenge was pretty nice firm cord, Main Street and lazy had velvety fresh manmade..was almost like a powder day it was so nice. Paradise was good but got busy and sidewinder was super nice early. 

The sun came out eventually and rose the temperatures through the teens but the winds are picking up as well..the amount of snowmaking taking place at Blue is gargantuan next level shit..I skied 7 runs the first 56 minutes just like yesterday had 10'runs in by 920am and then the pace slowed a little but I still ended up with 14 runs by 10:10am then went to the lot had a beer or two and cookie provided by JFDan and home before noon..was a good session today I should be back tomorrow AM. 

IMG_2058.JPG

IMG_2060.JPG

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

Very nice morning.  Cold, but the by product of that is tons of good snowmaking.  Razors was decent, for just being opened, i think toast, shadows and myself may have made first civilian tracks on it.  Main street was $$$$. (money).  Sidewinder was perfect first thing.  Took the Blue tour, so i think we hit all trails.  Lazy had lots of new man made, but all the guns were cranking so it made it a little rough on the face.  Sun was shining when we were in the lot, need more days like this.  

19 minutes ago, Shadows said:

home page says 31 trails and 11 lifts. WTF? you countain each tubing lane as a trail?

Tubing lanes don't count as a trail.  Years ago Stowe went from less than 50'traila to over 100 without cutting a single tree. Ski areas need to break their trails up into segments for marketing reasons. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

A little more than yesterday. I'd say moderate. You gonna be at Blue for opening tomorrow TP4?

i mean how were they compared to a weekend morning?  yes, i should be there.  stoked to have an extra half hour of dark driving on a thursday.  much more enjoyable driving to blue when the sun doesnt come up til between landsdale and quakertown

6 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

i mean how were they compared to a weekend morning?  yes, i should be there.  stoked to have an extra half hour of dark driving on a thursday.  much more enjoyable driving to blue when the sun doesnt come up til between landsdale and quakertown

Less than a weekend morning. 

1 hour ago, momskeeztoo said:

I may come tomorrow am. Just thinking if I wait till after the holidays will be 2 weeks without skiing. Can't have that when conditions are this good. Tomorrow is supposed to be the coldest day. Maybe that will keep people away in the morning 

You need to get an everyday pass for next season...buying just one holiday ticket cancels out almost all the difference in price between midweek and all days season passes.  

I honestly dont think the cold scares scares away that many people. This is cold but not brutal cold...people are set onngoong a certain day and they go. Maybe just a few more people in the lodge and a few less on the slopes. 

I honestly dont think the cold scares scares away that many people. This is cold but not brutal cold...people are set onngoong a certain day and they go. Maybe just a few more people in the lodge and a few less on the slopes. 

the cold is scaring away our customers today for sure.   

Wow and you're pretty far south down near Maryland and they only have to be outside for like 15 seconds.  I hope the cold doesn't scare away the sweet corn at karaoke. 

yesterday was busy as hell til the sun went down but today is dead.  i didnt think yesterday was that much warmer than today though

Just now, theprogram4 said:

yesterday was busy as hell til the sun went down but today is dead.  i didnt think yesterday was that much warmer than today though

This morning it was busier today than yesterday.  Yesterday was about five degrees warmer than today but was a little windier yesterday. 

Wow, just wow!  The snowmaking at Blue today was par excellence!  Best conditions of the year so far.

Main street snow had to be the best, as we kept lapping it until about 2pm when the light got too flat.
The bumps, however, were meh the entire day.  What little they did blow on them got scraped away to the icebergs below, but the ample amount of Blue powder across the mountain made up for it.

Crowds were moderate at the 6, but the quad was moving pretty well.
Regardless, we lapped the "loser" lift, which had empty chairs going up and let us ski right on each lap.

Hopefully with the cold again tomorrow, they keep the guns going on the open trails again.  It was a bit surreal standing on the side of Main with the guns blasting and seeing people come out of the snow curtain while sliding down the slope.