Colorado late March?

Ski2Live Live2Ski

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

how much does a carry on cost on Frontier? You have to pay to pick your seats too? 

when i flew frontier last year, check on bags were $30 each and carry on were $35 each.  i believe everyone is forced to pay the $12 to pick your own seats.  i could be wrong, but i dont think i had the option to save $12 and sit where ever.  the legroom is less (i believe 30% less) than the average plane seat, but you can pay like $50 extra to upgrade to a row with normal legroom.  i did the math and even with all the fees, i saved like $50 flying frontier roundtrip.  however, i wouldnt say it was worth it due to the biggest problem with frontier:  their seats.  they are not normal airplane seats with floating cushions, they are office chairs with a small layer of foam overtop.  im a cheap person, but even i wouldnt sit in those seats again for more than 2 hours.  and they charge you for water lol.  however, the early morning flights to denver out of philly and the midnight flight from denver to philly was clutch, cause we didnt have to schedule any travel days

4 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

Not sure if I'd pick Frontier to fly going on a ski trip. Seems they make you pay for everything. 

Southwest is tops if you are flying to Denver..two free checked bags including ski bags and for $12.50 extra each way you can get early boarding which guarantees window or aisle seat. 

It's like 30 each way for a bag. We will probably pay for one bag and otherwise bring three of the free "personal items". Yeah, have to pay to pick your seat too, which I will do as flying with kids. Still quite a deal even if I wind up paying $132 in bag and seat feed for three of us to get R/T

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

35 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

It's like 30 each way for a bag. We will probably pay for one bag and otherwise bring three of the free "personal items". Yeah, have to pay to pick your seat too, which I will do as flying with kids. Still quite a deal even if I wind up paying $132 in bag and seat feed for three of us to get R/T

That's a great deal. Roundtrip Newark to Jackson hole on united direct was like $600 and I only got free baggage because Atomic Jeff has status. A friend of mine just flew roundtrip to Iceland for $400. 

You can also bring your own snacks from home on the plane and bring an empty water bottle and fill it up in the water fountain at the airport after you get through security...sorry you can't bring juicebags unless they're under 3.4 ounces but you can bring crystal light packets if you wanna make your water a little tastier.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

What do they consider a personal item?

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Southwest is tops if you are flying to Denver..two free checked bags including ski bags and for $12.50 extra each way you can get early boarding which guarantees window or aisle seat. 

I've gotten decent seats just checking in 24 hours prior to flight. The sooner you check in the better place you have in line 

2 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

I've gotten decent seats just checking in 24 hours prior to flight. The sooner you check in the better place you have in line 

I'd rather just pay the $12.50 and board earlier and not have to check in at all..I like sitting in a window seat near the front and having plenty of overhead space for my carry on bag. 

That's a great deal. Roundtrip Newark to Jackson hole on united direct was like $600 and I only got free baggage because Atomic Jeff has status. A friend of mine just flew roundtrip to Iceland for $400. 

Iceland is super cheap to fly to. We did it for ~$200. They make it cheap to get there because it’s extremely expensive once you are there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Iceland is super cheap to fly to. We did it for ~$200. They make it cheap to get there because it’s extremely expensive once you are there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iceland must be the new hot spot to go, cause i know a bunch of people who have gone in the past year.  all of them enjoyed it

5 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

You have to pay to pick your nose on frontier.  With the super cheap flights southwest offers to Denver, i just dont get it.  

Do you have to pay a quarter to use the bathroom? Seriously, Southwest has treated me well. I was supposed to fly home from Utah last year the day we got the big snowstorm in March. I had a connecting flight in Denver, and definitely did not want to get stuck there cause Philadelphia airport shut down. I called them to get an earlier flight home. They accommodated me no problem or fee. A REAL person calls you back if wait time to talk is longer than you want to be on hold. Not only that, got a free double Jack on the rocks on the way out. Ordered it, guy forgot. When he remembered, wouldn't take my credit card. 

51 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You can also bring your own snacks from home on the plane and bring an empty water bottle and fill it up in the water fountain at the airport after you get through security...sorry you can't bring juicebags unless they're under 3.4 ounces but you can bring crystal light packets if you wanna make your water a little tastier.  

Can you bring hot chocolate and split it with your friends?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I have a 3 backpacks that fit the definition. Me and the girls could easily travel with only them if we did not need to bring ski clothes.

Just wear your ski clothes on the plane.  Will you put the girls in a lesson so you can ski some advanced terrain??