Trip Report - 1/17/2018

saltyant

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow where did you drive 12.5 hours straight to??  I've never driven that long in a day. When I drove to Montana I would drive like 8am-6pm with a lunch stop and that was tiring AF. 

I did it 4 times on my trip out west. It wasn't terrible, but by the end of the trip I was really getting sick of being in the car.

1) Home to Davenport, IA

2) Davenport, IA to Denver

3) Denver to St. Louis

4) St. Louis to Home

Just now, saltyant said:

I did it 4 times on my trip out west. It wasn't terrible, but by the end of the trip I was really getting sick of being in the car.

1) Home to Davenport, IA

2) Davenport, IA to Denver

3) Denver to St. Louis

4) St. Louis to Home

Wow I figured you flew to Colorado.  Way to get after it. When I eventually spend my ski seasons out west I'll have to drive out west again..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

This is the Camelback forum. You don't even ski at Camelback so make like a banana and split.  I'm having a nice pre supper conversation with Salty

Does the forum have a bandwidth limit? If so I can donate some money so Steeze and I can continue this very important pre supper conversation.

Mad Taco is great.

Tres Amigos in Stowe is probably good too.  But I think this is a reincarnation of the the old place - they are now in the old Rusty Nail building.  Or something like that.  Maybe the Rusty Nail moved in with them>  I don't know...haven't tried it yet.  But have had Mad Taco.  

But to get to Mad Taco you would drive past the Prohibition Pig, and even if you don't drink beer, that would be foolish.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, tnt said:

Mad Taco is great.Tres Amigos in Stowe is probably good too.  But I think this is a reincarnation of the the old place - they are now in the old Rusty Nail building.  Or something like that.  Maybe the Rusty Nail moved in with them>  I don't know...haven't tried it yet.  But have had Mad Taco. But to get to Mad Taco you would drive past the Prohibition Pig, and even if you don't drink beer, that would be foolish.

Thanks. I'll check some of these places out. I get tired of KFC all the time so I'll try to be more adventurous.

This will be me in 2 weeks, except I'm not paying for a ski in/ski out.

image.png.e59c89cea04e383339d12c1e717d5343.png

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty I was chatting with a friend and we were wondering when tipping went from 15% to 20%

Not a clue. Probably the result of mass restaurant propaganda to the general public to pass the cost of wait staff onto the general public.

Why tipping is a scam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBTfj2lN6sQ