18/19 Season Pass $399

GrilledSteezeSandwich

9 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Im trying to get to the hyatt soon. Not a fan of the rennasaince but they may be my first rope gig hopefully. 

Im trying to sayre mansion it up.

My parents have stayed at the Hyatt place before in Bethlehem. I've just stayed at the Denver airport Hyatt place. 

Just saw the survey and took it. I also saw on their website family camping in the summer. Is that new? And yeah, hiking trails would be great, connect to AT. And as far as putting in condos and housing like Camelback did, probably not a great idea. Aren't most of those empty most of the year? 

3 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Just saw the survey and took it. I also saw on their website family camping in the summer. Is that new? And yeah, hiking trails would be great, connect to AT. And as far as putting in condos and housing like Camelback did, probably not a great idea. Aren't most of those empty most of the year? 

Second homes/vacation homes generally are empty most of the year. 

5 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Agree with this somewhat, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to also have condos as well, as regular hotel rooms to ensure investments. That same hotel management company could manage the condos as well. The plan they originally had really did not interest me at all, but full ownership of a condo would interest me as a potential rental property or even just a nice place to stay after a wedding, or boozing too much at Blue (as long as it was dog friendly, or course). Since I'm on the mood to discuss condo and whatnot, I also think Blue should build some xc biking trails on the flats and lower angle mountain as well as hiking trails all over that would bring people up there and could link with the AT. Doesn't need to be anything fancy, just something that once is built, and gets some food traffic could maintain itself or minimal maintenance, which could also bring more people there for food/drinks in the non-winter season. Ever since the statue of TP4 fell through, I haven't been as interested in getting up there over the summer other than biking. 

Agree. I like mountain biking at Blue, but that whole lower lodge area just has a sad, neglected vibe in the summer. They should raze the whole ugly thing and build something simple, open, and nice. Lots of light wood and windows, a more dedicated bike shop/ski shop. The could build a killer MTB skills park that would be a huge attraction (sort of like the one at Allegrippis). Make the lower lodge a venue for hiking/biking/disc golf and leave the upper for weddings (and the ropes course). 

Okemo's bike park has the same issue: it's not on the part of the mountain where all of the other summer activities are going on, so it always feels weirdly empty and neglected.

I don't think Blue should spend the money on a new lower lodge.  The lower lodge is very utilitarian which I like.  If they build a hotel I don't think it needs to be fancy like most ski resort hotels...they can save the money on the chandeliers, fountains and 1800s mountain lodge motif and spend that money for snowmaking on lights on Barbs Bush aka Coming soon. 

14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What percentage of the time is your second home empty?

I use my house alot, but, yes, it is actually empty a good bit of time. A townhouse at JF would really be empty alot. Those type home are empty really except for ski season. Theres actually alot of “stuff” going on in my developent year round, alot of people there use their homes almost every weekend. 

You should get a second hotel room, somewhere nice for the weekends after ski season. Live it up a little. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SallyCat said:

That is a solid point. 

Almost no ski areas ban tailgating. Camelback is the only one I know of.  It would actually be pretty hard to enforce it unless people were parked widely like a bunch of Jabronies or sitting in the middle of the road on lawn chairs. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Those type home are empty really except for ski season. Theres actually alot of “stuff” going on in my developent year round, alot of people there use their homes almost every weekend.

Acquaintances of ours have a house at Camelback.   It's rented out more in the summer than in the winter by temp workers in the area.
They refuse to sell it because its resell value is under what they paid for it.

I'm looking at condos in VT right now for full-time occupancy. When Mt. Ascutney went under the home prices dropped, but it's still a great area. Hoping to snag a nice unit and live right on a MTB trail network with an easy commute to Okemo. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

I'm looking at condos in VT right now for full-time occupancy. When Mt. Ascutney went under the home prices dropped, but it's still a great area. Hoping to snag a nice unit and live right on a MTB trail network with an easy commute to Okemo. 

Is okemo where you want to get a season pass next season?

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Is okemo where you want to get a season pass next season?

Well, I need to get a roof over my head and then a job. After that, we'll see what makes the most sense in terms of passes. I like the idea of living within a reasonable commute of a big resort, just for the odds of being able to find a job there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

Well, I need to get a roof over my head and then a job. After that, we'll see what makes the most sense in terms of passes. I like the idea of living within a reasonable commute of a big resort, just for the odds of being able to find a job there.

were you able to break your lease in Bethlehem without much notice?

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

were you able to break your lease in Bethlehem without much notice?

No, I'm paying that through May. All my stuff is still there, completely unpacked. Once we close on this place in Quechee and get my mom settled, I'll go back and pack up. Hoping to get a few days at Blue's bike park, a little nostalgic Wegman's shopping, and a big patio blowout party to get rid of all the liquor in the house and say goodbye to friends and neighbors. PASRs of course welcome. Stay tuned. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, indiggio said:

Acquaintances of ours have a house at Camelback.   It's rented out more in the summer than in the winter by temp workers in the area.
They refuse to sell it because its resell value is under what they paid for it.

There are alot of rentals by me as well that rent well.  Not long term, but weekends, weeks, etc.  There are houses in my development that were built to be rentals.  I used to know a guy that had 6 houses in the development.  I did the rental thing for a little while when i first bought my house.  what an absolute pain in the ass.  My house didnt rent great, its older, doesnt have 9 huge flat screen tv's, or a hot tub.  I might be able to sell my house for a couple bucks more than i bought it for, the best thing i did to increase the value was put an addition on it, but the real estate boom in the Poconos is long over.  Occasionally i look around, i would buy something with a 2 car garage to tinker around in, but i really like where my house is.

• Like 1