Sign in to follow this  
momskeeztoo

3/8/18

Had a wonderful day there today. Snow was perfect- like velvet. They have 3 bump runs, we did them multiple times, no ice on them at all until very late in the day. I even did Upper Tunkhannock. So proud of myself IMG_2923.thumb.JPG.429788c9f21fd1a3904a41dd4f1ab9e0.JPG

• Like 6

Looks amazing! I'll be in Vermont in less than 12 hours from now. Can't wait!

Edited by saltyant

13 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:
39 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:
Lucky you. Where are you going in Vt?

Just north of Scranton.

vermont.png

Edited by saltyant

Hahahaha. Jokester. Hope the snow is as nice this weekend as it was today. Pretty much had the place to ourselves today, so didn't get skied off. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Shadows said:

031-540x540.jpg

is this the lodge? Im about to go up there now

Looks like it. Were you there today?

Just now, momskeeztoo said:

Hahahaha. Jokester. Hope the snow is as nice this weekend as it was today. Pretty much had the place to ourselves today, so didn't get skied off. 

That's what I like to hear. Last year I went there on a Friday also, and it wasn't that crowded. Also didn't encounter a single icy spot. Glad you had a great time.

2 hours ago, Shadows said:

031-540x540.jpg

is this the lodge? Im about to go up there now

That's the restaurant/bar.  Must be an old picture, that fence is long gone.  Sorry I won't be around to buy a hot cocoa to share. I have to be in Philly Friday.  Have fun can't wait for the TR.

Made it to Vermont!! Snow looks epic. Ski patrol said there's 2 inches of fresh over the groomed snow so it's going to be the best day of the season by far.

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Made it to Elk!! Snow looks epic. Ski patrol said there's 2 inches of fresh over the groomed snow so it's going to be the best day of the season by far.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

Looks like it. Were you there today?

No. i want to clean the windows

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Made it to Vermont!! Snow looks epic. Ski patrol said there's 2 inches of fresh over the groomed snow so it's going to be the best day of the season by far.

It was snowing through Scranton and down 380 on my way home last night. Was hoping some made it up there. 

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Keep the reports coming. 

Salty, check out the "half-way house" 1/2 way down the West slope, skiers left. It's the locals hang out, picnic spot. Was Elks' original lodge 53 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Keep the reports coming. 

It's just so rad out. Not a single bad trail. The blacks are so epic. More details to follow.

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Did you ski any bumps??

Oh yeah. I nailed the bumps on Upper Tunk Hammock. Could probably even out ski bump indiggo.

Just finished my $15 lunch and still hungry. Will have to go to the car to withdraw some Captains Wafers and Fig Newtons from my stockpile.

1 hour ago, rummy said:

Salty, check out the "half-way house" 1/2 way down the West slope, skiers left. It's the locals hang out, picnic spot. Was Elks' original lodge 53 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just did the West Slope trail and couldn't find the halfway house. Will keep searching.

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You should share your captains wafers with the locals. 

The Vermont locals all brought their lunches in the lodge. I meant to buy a Subway yesterday which would have been substantially cheaper but was too lazy to go out after work, so now I am paying the price. The upside is burgers at Ski lodges are very good.

Edited by saltyant