Sign in to follow this  
Ride Delaware ?

Peak Resorts Consolidation

1 minute ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

https://www.peakresorts.com/news-updates/snowtime/

For what it is worth. They picked up more smaller mountains in PA to combine with JFBB and Hunter in NY. Guess it makes it easier for people who frequent those mountains to head to Mount Snow for a real vacation.

Barb begins to count the money...

• Like 2

I feel like there had to be better mountains they could have bought for $76 million, but I guess you can only buy what’s on the market...

I’m sure Barb will sell within the next few years. She’s closing in on retirement age and I don’t think she has any kids. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if she keeps running it as a retirement plan and just lets the GM do everything. I also wouldn’t be surprised if the Camelback owners bought it, sold the resort land, leased back the operations, and then developed it like Camelback. They are making a mountain of dough out of a molehill.

5 minutes ago, Ride Delaware ? said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if she keeps running it as a retirement plan and just lets the GM do everything. I also wouldn’t be surprised if the Camelback owners bought it, sold the resort land, leased back the operations, and then developed it like Camelback. They are making a mountain of dough out of a molehill.

Blue needs to get the hotel/condos and water park off the ground.  

• Like 1

Just now, RidgeRacer said:

I like the whole Vail Resorts buying Blue notion

Trust me Blue is on Vail resorts radar..if they had a hotel and could put together some midweek and weekend ski and stay packages...they could really tap into a gold mine..:sell more night skiing tickets..more meals gears rentals lessons I wouldn’t mind a bit of an Alps theme sort of like how camelback has an Egyptian theme...I already pronounce challenge with a French accent..make it into Epcot on snow..would be like living near Disney world without the alligators. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

55 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Trust me Blue is on Vail resorts radar..if they had a hotel and could put together some midweek and weekend ski and stay packages...they could really tap into a gold mine..:sell more night skiing tickets..more meals gears rentals lessons I wouldn’t mind a bit of an Alps theme sort of like how camelback has an Egyptian theme...I already pronounce challenge with a French accent..make it into Epcot on snow..would be like living near Disney world without the alligators. 

Ya...the alligators are the only thing that would be different 

• Like 1