1/23/20...Thursday morning..nice snow..sort of busy.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m finished with a fun AM session at Blue mountain.  The drive up was herky jerky with 22 east closed at 15th street so I took 309 to ridge view to walbert back to Winchester to cedar crest through Roma corporate center to Whitehall ave backup on girard so cut around by the Jordan creek to mauch chunk to rural to mechanicsville to 145 to Sheetz to blue.  

At the top entrance the temperature was 27 and a brisk 19 degrees at the base with frozen fog.  In the house were BenM, Ryan, Mute, Rodney, Fritz and Bethlehem Ford Guy. Was on second civilian chair since my gate didn’t work and no six pack just the quad.  I don’t really like this 9am opening already a solid amount of people right out the gate, the OK Boomer midweek crowd are early risers.  First run was on Razors and it was sweet..some fresh manmade on top of groomed at the top and then smooth cord the rest of the run. Lapped that two more times then tried out Switchback which wasn’t as good a little rolly Polly.  Lower park is still closed along with challenge which had giant whales and Sidewindee.  

Nightmare to dreamweaver was pretty nice still a little cord left..Main Street was variable and I managed fresh groomed on paradise an hour into my session thanks to two groomers going up it.  Lazy was also good the falls was chunky and homestretch wasn’t that smooth. Ended up skiing until 1040 then brought my Kastles inside for a tune and also bought 2 pairs of ski socks.  Skis will be done at 1145 so I guess I’ll just hangout here and have a beer or two. JADIP

AC9CD254-C5E2-4A8E-AEE3-04FF12936A64.jpeg

A6341770-F176-432F-B1F4-7CFF195FB6E3.jpeg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I walked through the lower lodge for the first time this season. That trails end bar or whatever it is called looks like it was spruced up they even have soft pretzels and free water new ski shop looks nice still not the variety of Buckmans. 

They had free water last year

• Like 1

1 hour ago, momskeeztoo said:

They had free water last year

Nice to know. I don’t think I’ve walked by the bar when it was open in two years. Today was actually the first time I’ve ever gotten a ski tune at Blue..the girl in the ski shop said they’re doing way more business with the new location right by the tickets. 

Reporting live from Blue Mountain the True Mountain. Currently eating a Steeze Burger in the lower lodge. It's great! Conditions are rad, icy in a lot of spots. It's completely ridiculous that both Razor's Edge and Challenge are closed, so I've been stuck skiing with gapers all night. @AtomicSkier gets to ski Razor's which is unfair. The line for the 4 pack is long as hell for a weeknight. Overall tonight is a 6 out of 10.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, saltyant said:

Reporting live from Blue Mountain the True Mountain. Currently eating a Steeze Burger in the lower lodge. It's great! Conditions are rad, icy in a lot of spots. It's completely ridiculous that both Razor's Edge and Challenge are closed, so I've been stuck skiing with gapers all night. @AtomicSkier gets to ski Razor's which is unfair. The line for the 4 pack is long as hell for a weeknight. Overall tonight is a 6 out of 10.

Wow so the six pack is still closed. Is there any benefit to being a VIP???

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow so the six pack is still closed. Is there any benefit to being a VIP???

Not tonight. It's usually about a 5 minute wait for the quad. Looks like the line is starting to die down. At 9 I'll probably head to the lot for parking lot YooHoos.