3-4-20

Shadows

Arrived at 230ish. Pretty empty.

Ice everywhere. Most trails were boilerplate. Barneys was shallow and frozen. Could see your reflection in a few of the troughs. 6 pack was running fast. No crowds meant skiing right onto the lift and made western groomers a pleasure to lap. Must've been the mid day grooming.  Main st was a carpet. Nice surprise at 230pm. Burma was fast and the park over there had mad steezy boosters. It was afternoon so I was surprised to see razors open. Usually they close it for a statewide race that makes kids take off school. Perfectly groomed and snow was firm. 

Was great. Will be back soon

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Benm said:

Race team was using razors from the time I arrived until when I left at 12. 

They groomed main st mid-day? Thank god because it was awful. Every other trail was amazing. 

This report was a month from now. I have no idea how today was. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tarponhead said:

The way this “winter” is going I hope blue is open a month from now.

You had me with “Barney’s was shallow”

They’ll be fine..probably be one of those years we have three pond skimmings..worst case if they close early can tag along with Ski2live and the twins to American Dream or Hunter 

34 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Barney’s were completely gone today. Some bumps on Nightmare that were small and spaced out. I could ski them. My last day at Blue until yuck, Presidents’ Day. Some skid marks here and there today. I hope we get some cold weather while I’m gone. 

No real cold air in the forecast.  Have fun in Utah. 

• Sad 2