Steamboat Stoke Thread... 2020!!!

saltyant

8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'm considering another ski trip, at least a day trip to New York or something. Wherever there is Perder. I had fun skiing because I did more challenging runs this time. I kinda get bored just skiing groomers all the time and somewhat lose interest in skiing, though I intend to ski for the rest of my life until I can't.

Come to Verbier. @AtomicSkier will sharing his bed with you.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Found leftover Häagen-Dazs Belgian Chocolate Ice Cream in the freezer. Too bad it's frozen solid and I only have 12 minutes to eat it before housekeeping kicks us out. 

We're leaving behind a giant jar of pickles, half of a gallon of milk, and whipped cream

20200228_094921.thumb.jpg.7d55443b0cc2d358609c69144e9c9b0e.jpg

Edited by saltyant

3 hours ago, saltyant said:

Found leftover Häagen-Dazs Belgian Chocolate Ice Cream in the freezer. Too bad it's frozen solid and I only have 12 minutes to eat it before housekeeping kicks us out. 

We're leaving behind a giant jar of pickles, half of a gallon of milk, and whipped cream

20200228_094921.thumb.jpg.7d55443b0cc2d358609c69144e9c9b0e.jpg

Housekeeper is gonna think you are some weird fucks with only whipped cream and giant pickles in the fridge!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Playing Nork baggage claim roulette. The app says carousel 3 but then you get large bags at 9. But the guy at 9 says go to 3. So I go to 3, no bag, back at 9. The dude now says only golf clubs at 3 and maybe skis at 9?

Welcome back. My guess is the B crew working late at the Nork oversized baggage claim are handflexing your RTMs

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

"The deft, effortless weaving through dense clusters of evergreen suggests that the skier behind this remarkable recording is a limber, agile man with unquestionable experience and exposure to the slopes.  Having spent many a winter slithering through the ridges of the Anthracite Uplands and masterfully descending the steep gradients of the imposing Pocono Region, this "Son of the Mountains" had enhanced his performance to the next level, amassing the strength and stamina to endure the rigors of even greater elevations.  Mount Werner's rugged summit beckoned, and this man unequivocally answered their challenge with relative ease." -  Quote from my bro from high school after watching the epic video

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

"The deft, effortless weaving through dense clusters of evergreen suggests that the skier behind this remarkable recording is a limber, agile man with unquestionable experience and exposure to the slopes.  Having spent many a winter slithering through the ridges of the Anthracite Uplands and masterfully descending the steep gradients of the imposing Pocono Region, this "Son of the Mountains" had enhanced his performance to the next level, amassing the strength and stamina to endure the rigors of even greater elevations.  Mount Werner's rugged summit beckoned, and this man unequivocally answered their challenge with relative ease." -  Quote from my bro from high school after watching the epic video

This is special. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Was just listening to a power metal song that I was jamming to while skiing through knee deep powder glades in Steamboat. Damn dudes, I would do anything to go back in time a month and experience that again instead of dealing with this current bullshit. 🥶

20200226_101352.thumb.jpg.6e219fbe53a07a93dd406e8865099ef5.jpg

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, saltyant said:

Was just listening to a power metal song that I was jamming to while skiing through knee deep powder glades in Steamboat. Damn dudes, I would do anything to go back in time a month and experience that again instead of dealing with this current bullshit. 🥶

20200226_101352.thumb.jpg.6e219fbe53a07a93dd406e8865099ef5.jpg

I’m hearing next ski season could be fucked to when we get a second wave but trying to be optimistic 

• Sad 2

On 3/21/2020 at 3:58 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m hearing next ski season could be fucked to when we get a second wave but trying to be optimistic 

Oh God no! If this is over by winter I'm taking 2 ski trips next season to make up for this (if I'm still alive by then).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Oh God no! If this is over by winter I'm taking 2 ski trips next season to make up for this (if I'm still alive by then).

Next winter I’m gonna spend a lot of time in the west. Maybe even Yurp..still gotta get my passport straight. 

Salty maybe you can go to Stowe with Matt Edge

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty maybe you can go to Stowe with Matt Edge

That would be a dream come true. Matt Edge can take me to Piecasso to teach me how he effortlessly picks up chicks, and will pass on all his wisdom and knowledge:

Step 1: be attractive

Step 2: don't be unattractive

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

That would be a dream come true. Matt Edge can take me to Piecasso to teach me how he effortlessly picks up chicks, and will pass on all his wisdom and knowledge:

Step 1: be attractive

Step 2: don't be unattractive

Salty picking up chicks in ski towns is probably the most difficult environment.  At least wear a flannel shirt and an oversized flat brim hat that says Hurley or California republic on it...use a clever line like,”I see you’re in a sports bar, do you like sports”

• Thanks 1

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty picking up chicks in ski towns is probably the most difficult environment.  At least wear a flannel shirt and an oversized flat brim hat that says Hurley or California republic on it...use a clever line like,”I see you’re in a sports bar, do you like sports”

STFU GSS the most action you’ve had recently is that time you fucked an apple pie.