Steamboat Stoke Thread... 2020!!!

saltyant

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Tree skiing knee deep untracked champagne powder is way too much fun. @enjoralas @pops Get the fudge out here!!!!!

@RidgeRacer I'm watching for tree wells and running 2 gps trackers. Also have a whistle on my zipper

Hell yeah! Where are they? Can't wait for GoPro photos and video to make this better.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Tree skiing knee deep untracked champagne powder is way too much fun. @enjoralas @pops Get the fudge out here!!!!!

@RidgeRacer I'm watching for tree wells and running 2 gps trackers. Also have a whistle on my zipper

Nice better to be safe than sorry.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Hell yeah! Where are they? Can't wait for GoPro photos and video to make this better.

I have no idea. Cant get a hold of Enjoralas. Unfortunately didnt bring my GoPro because I forgot the rubber stability plug and it would have been shaking. And didnt fee like dealing with it today, though I regret it now.

Edited by saltyant

23 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Today I became a man and got off the cat tracks. Taking a break in the lodge for some hot cocoa with marshmallows. Wish you were here @Ski2Live Live2Ski to split the hot cocoa.

20200225_100225.thumb.jpg.433c7dcb9941de606d4bcc2dca6c9788.jpg

Wow just wow...have you met up with Enjorales and pops yet??

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow just wow...have you met up with Enjorales and pops yet??

No they are missing in action. I called them, texted them and keep checking the tracker. I want to ski the woods with them in Sundown area or whatever it's called. I skied some gnarly woods this morning but somehow made it out alive.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

No they are missing in action. I called them, texted them and keep checking the tracker. I want to ski the woods with them in Sundown area or whatever it's called. I skied some gnarly woods this morning but somehow made it out alive.

I like your attitude of going out by yourself. Have you been to the lift lookers left yet..I think it’s called pony express. Some nice terrain there. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Today I became a man and got off the cat tracks. Taking a break in the lodge for some hot cocoa with marshmallows. Wish you were here @Ski2Live Live2Ski to split the hot cocoa.

20200225_100225.thumb.jpg.433c7dcb9941de606d4bcc2dca6c9788.jpg

That right there is the main reason to have facial hair in the winter.  It properly captures how deep the snow is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I like your attitude of going out by yourself. Have you been to the lift lookers left yet..I think it’s called pony express. Some nice terrain there. 

I'll see if I stumble upon it. I just ski wherever looks the funnest and has the deepest Perder. It's fun seeing where I end up.

17 hours ago, saltyant said:

Hey all, back from a fun session at Steamboat Mountain the True Mountain. In da house were Salty, Enjoralas and Pops. First run was mad steezy, windy as hell and a layer of amazing world renowned Champagne Powder. Headed over to Sunshine area with the PASR crew and skied lots of deep ungroomed Perder. It was rad! Visibility was pretty low and the flakes were blowing so I donned a facemask. Around 10 went solo for the rest of the day and skied til closing. Did a lot of blacks including one with a moe ghoul field, which I survived. Also skied some tough glades but had my whistle in case got sucked into lethal tree well. Afterwards celebrated apres with a nap and SUJOPO. But since the view into my loft is only partially obstructed by blinds the middle part will have to wait. JADIP Ice is Nice

don;t try so hard...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1