Steamboat Stoke Thread... 2020!!!

saltyant

1 hour ago, AtomicSkier said:

Still a little too active with the hands.  I also want to see more carving, less skidding.  Otherwise looking good.

I was just showing off my awesome pole planting skills. I don't understand how to carve and maybe never will. Do I lean over more in the turns? TFTI

Just now, saltyant said:

I was just showing off my awesome pole planting skills. I don't understand how to carve and maybe never will. Do I lean over more in the turns? TFTI

I think you're doing just fine from where you were a year ago. It is cool to see people progress like that. All three of you out there have come such a long way in the last few years.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I think you're doing just fine from where you were a year ago. It is cool to see people progress like that. All three of you out there have come such a long way in the last few years.

Thanks Toast. I still flail around in ungroomed terrain but am trying to get better. It's tough to advance when I only get to practice it a few times a year.

• Like 2

Just now, saltyant said:

Thanks Toast. I still flail around in ungroomed terrain but am trying to get better. It's tough to advance when I only get to practice it a few times a year.

Thats exactly right. Same thing goes for me. When I go anywhere that offers skiing anything other than groomers I feel like it takes me a few runs to get back into the swing of it. Skiing bumps at Blue helps lessen that, but it still takes time to get comfortable. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nice updates Salty.  What’s for lunch today??

Szechuan chicken and white rice, a beef stick and Blue Powerade. Now I'm tearing up the moguled diamonds off Pony Express.

This week has by far been the most fun I've ever had skiing. Why must it end in 2 hours!!!!????

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Szechuan chicken and white rice, a beef stick and Blue Powerade. Now I'm tearing up the moguled diamonds off Pony Express.

This week has by far been the most fun I've ever had skiing. Why must it end in 2 hours!!!!????

All good things must come to an end.  Time to think about your next ski trip with @toast21602.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Well start planning a spring trip..I plan longer ski trips because after four days I still wanna ski more although I don’t put in sessions as long as you so WTGAI.  Glad you like skiing again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Well start planning a spring trip..I plan longer ski trips because after four days I still wanna ski more although I don’t put in sessions as long as you so WTGAI.  Glad you like skiing again. 

I'm considering another ski trip, at least a day trip to New York or something. Wherever there is Perder. I had fun skiing because I did more challenging runs this time. I kinda get bored just skiing groomers all the time and somewhat lose interest in skiing, though I intend to ski for the rest of my life until I can't.

• Like 2