Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

Why would they cancel sports considering you can’t get the virus if you are wearing a mask outdoors?

I think the MLB is a perfect example of why right now. 

can’t expect college kids (who aren’t getting paid millions) to be disciplined enough to not go out side of their respective “bubbles”. 

10 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I think the MLB is a perfect example of why right now. 

can’t expect college kids (who aren’t getting paid millions) to be disciplined enough to not go out side of their respective “bubbles”. 

@GrilledSteezeSandwichtold me you can’t get the virus if you are wearing a mask outdoors.  When I asked him to elaborate, he yelled sHuT uP!!!!!  

Edited by theprogram4

Just now, Kyle said:

Reading comprehension is not my strong suit 

No problem at all.  It’s just funny I’m trying to have a legit conversation, and Instead of engaging in rational debate, people ignore the questions and resort to name calling.  I appreciate people like you and ridge who have the maturity to discuss serious topics 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

No problem at all.  It’s just funny I’m trying to have a legit conversation, and Instead of engaging in rational debate, people ignore the questions and resort to name calling.  I appreciate people like you and ridge who have the maturity to discuss serious topics 

Political banter isn’t my thing so I do my best to stay out of it, I will, however, discuss neutral topics like we have before, but I just straight up didn’t read all of the posts here. 

Edited by Kyle

22 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

The problem is the premise on which you'd like to debate is irrational.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

The problem is the premise on which you'd like to debate is irrational.

It isn’t just black and white, there is a gray area.  For instance, I believe Covid is legit and we need certain precautions/regulations like masks, social distancing to some extent, etc.  I’m by no means an anti-masker, I plan on wearing them for the forseeable future Regardless of requirement or not.  However, people talk to me like I’m stupid and that’s what bothers me.  I watched hours of live streams of peaceful protests, to riots, to everything in between. I saw with my own eyes about 30% not wearing masks.  In a crowd of thousands packed together, that’s still a shit ton of people not wearing masks.  Plus the people wearing masks still had to temporarily take them off to eat and drink.  The same politicians that were okay with this told people they couldn’t have 15 person funerals outdoors with masks.  I agree that reopening early helped spread Covid.  However, anyone who believes that, also needs to be honest and say the protests had alot to do with the virus spreading as well.  Protesting is a constitutional right so it should be allowed, but it certainly wasn’t social distancing. That is why people say this is political.  Politicians picking and choosing Covid procedures due to political standing

17 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

It isn’t just black and white, there is a gray area.  For instance, I believe Covid is legit and we need certain precautions/regulations like masks, social distancing to some extent, etc.  I’m by no means an anti-masker, I plan on wearing them for the forseeable future Regardless of requirement or not.  However, people talk to me like I’m stupid and that’s what bothers me.  I watched hours of live streams of peaceful protests, to riots, to everything in between. I saw with my own eyes about 30% not wearing masks.  In a crowd of thousands packed together, that’s still a shit ton of people not wearing masks.  Plus the people wearing masks still had to temporarily take them off to eat and drink.  The same politicians that were okay with this told people they couldn’t have 15 person funerals outdoors with masks.  I agree that reopening early helped spread Covid.  However, anyone who believes that, also needs to be honest and say the protests had alot to do with the virus spreading as well.  Protesting is a constitutional right so it should be allowed, but it certainly wasn’t social distancing. That is why people say this is political.  Politicians picking and choosing Covid procedures due to political standing

OK, so what's your argument?  That people have politicized this?  Of course they have...but you also need to stop doing the same thing you espouse people shouldn't.  

I'd like to return to a previous statement that you made in rebuttal to @toast21602's unearthing of your early anti-Trump posts.  You're basically saying your opinion on Trump's handling of the coronavirus can be purchased by some handouts?  You're really helping your middle ground credibility.  @GrilledSteezeSandwich isn't the sell out here. 

I don't care where people aren't wearing masks.  Protests, construction sites, Wawa, etc.  *Everyone* should be wearing masks when interacting with the public.  There is no politics in that.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Shadows said:

I had another drinnk..

You think we'll have a sexual revolution in a few years to rebound from all this social distancing stuff? People can't date now. 

I like how the top 40 radio stations play 80s 90s and now. Just skip 30 years.

Yeah have to have Sirius to listen to the early 2000s stuff...yeah I think there will be all kinds of big orgys and stuff and some are used to always dating so those people will make up for lost time.  

9 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

OK, so what's your argument?  That people have politicized this?  Of course they have...but you also need to stop doing the same thing you espouse people shouldn't.  

I'd like to return to a previous statement that you made in rebuttal to @toast21602's unearthing of your early anti-Trump posts.  You're basically saying your opinion on Trump's handling of the coronavirus can be purchased by some handouts?  You're really helping your middle ground credibility.  @GrilledSteezeSandwich isn't the sell out here. 

I don't care where people aren't wearing masks.  Protests, construction sites, Wawa, etc.  *Everyone* should be wearing masks when interacting with the public.  There is no politics in that.

My argument is you and other people have been coming at my neck instead of having rational debate when i posted serious questions. Again, you and toast are attacking me cause I had an earlier opinion about Trump.  The reason I say attacking is because you and toast both know people fucking died cause AOC and deBlasio told them to go out in Nyc, the worst spot in the whole epidemic.  Y’all didn’t say anything about that, but came at me for being thankful president trump helped out the working class?  None of you are working class, so you wouldn’t understand how people having food on the table is helpful.  Again, I’m all about respect, and a lot  of pro-precaution people are as rude as the anti-maskers

Edited by theprogram4

35 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

My argument is you and other people have been coming at my neck instead of having rational debate when i posted serious questions. Again, you and toast are attacking me cause I had an earlier opinion about Trump.  The reason I say attacking is because you and toast both know people fucking died cause AOC and deBlasio told them to go out in Nyc, the worst spot in the whole epidemic.  Y’all didn’t say anything about that, but came at me for being thankful president trump helped out the working class?  None of you are working class, so you wouldn’t understand how people having food on the table is helpful.  Again, I’m all about respect, and a lot  of pro-precaution people are as rude as the anti-maskers

I’m sorry you feel attacked because I quoted your post.