Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

3 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Neither did this. 

348D269D-3856-43EF-9A28-198F40B614B3.jpeg

To be fair, that was before every American got their $1,200, and also before I received the  much higher tax returns than Obama gave.  That was also before liberals spread the virus through nationwide looting and rioting. That was also before I fully understood the racist implications of making service workers put their families at risk to help rich liberals

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

To be fair, that was before every American got their $1,200, and also before I received the  much higher tax returns than Obama gave.  That was also before liberals spread the virus through nationwide looting and rioting. That was also before I fully understood the racist implications of making service workers put their families at risk to help rich liberals

You so quickly gloss over the *vast* majority of people who are anti-maskers belong to a certain political party.

23 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

You so quickly gloss over the *vast* majority of people who are anti-maskers belong to a certain political party.

While in theory that may be true, with few exceptions like sturgis and MI, those anti maskers were not gathering in crowds of tens of thousands marching through the most densely populated parts of America, while screaming and putting a shit ton of spit in the air.  The anti maskers had some little red neck rallies, but never tens of thousands swapping spit in densely populated spaces 

Edited by theprogram4

2 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

I received my $1200 on 4/15..

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Trump has just done a shitty job since then. A lot of failed promises and he’s not a very nice guy either. 

There are so many questions I keep asking that people keep avoiding:

1.  How does the virus know to distinguish between normal people and protesters? I’ve posted many pics and vids (including Chicago 2 nights ago) showing a huge lack of masks. 
2.  If masks work outdoors, why are spectators not allowed at stadiums?

3. AOC’s quote...what was that about?

4. de blasio’s quote...what was that about?

5. Jim Kenny’s quote...what was that about?

6. How does the virus know to distinguish between politician funerals and other funerals? We weren’t allowed to bury our loved ones while outdoors with masks, but politicians can have indoor funerals with large groups of people, all with exposed nostrils

Edited by theprogram4

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

TP4 the majority of protesters have been wearing masks and protests are generally outdoors. I’m sure some protesters have caught corona but not the kind of numbers that people caught it in bars, family gatherings and indoor church services. 

If masks and being outdoors prevent the spread, why are spectators not allowed at outdoor stadiums with masks?

Not since 9/11 

Yep. I remember Barb, Dan and I were talking about this in Crested Butte... whether we would see a post 911 unification type of thing happen and at the time (back in March) I really thought we would. Who would've thought that asking (not even mandating...simply suggesting) people to wear a mask to help prevent the spread of a highly contagious virus, thereby saving lives would be deemed by some as a violation of civil liberties? Who also would've thought that halting travel from foreign countries in which said virus originated from would be deemed racist as opposed to a preventative measure? I don't know that any of this finger pointing, blame game, score political points nonsense occurred in places like New Zealand, Iceland, Italy etc. I truly think people did the right thing in these places not from a selfish point of view, but for the greater good of people everywhere. This is where IMO we failed as evidenced by the current data.

2 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Yep. I remember Barb, Dan and I were talking about this in Crested Butte... whether we would see a post 911 unification type of thing happen and at the time (back in March) I really thought we would. Who would've thought that asking (not even mandating...simply suggesting) people to wear a mask to help prevent the spread of a highly contagious virus, thereby saving lives would be deemed by some as a violation of civil liberties? Who also would've thought that halting travel from foreign countries in which said virus originated from would be deemed racist as opposed to a preventative measure? I don't know that any of this finger pointing, blame game, score political points nonsense occurred in places like New Zealand, Iceland, Italy etc. I truly think people did the right thing in these places not from a selfish point of view, but for the greater good of people everywhere. This is where IMO we failed as evidenced by the current data.

I don’t know if you work with the public but a lot of people are really shitty and selfish...

office manager text me this. 

Oh boy did I get an ugly "Karen" today! Bitch left an ugly message are you open, why aren't you open so I called this morning and she told me she needs a Saturday appointment to get info, not ready to buy, but she does not do business through the mail and its ridiculous that we are being careful, its just headstones, no one else is being that careful. So I politely said then I'm sure they can help you good luck

I wasn’t born yesterday. I might drop dead today, but I sure as hell wasn’t born yesterday.

TP4 I respect your opinions but do you think it was smart to threaten to withhold funding for schools that refuse to put kids in harm's way? I can tell you, first hand, that that scared the shit out of concerned families who simply aren't ready to send their kids back to school just yet...he actually made that statement (threat) at the height of the pandemic too which is mind boggling to me. The schools should provide the option for online learning for parents who don't feel comfortable sending their kids back...not be forced to open, putting kids at risk, and leaving parents with no alternative.
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, RidgeRacer said:

TP4 I respect your opinions but do you think it was smart to threaten to withhold funding for schools that refuse to put kids in harm's way? I can tell you, first hand, that that scared the shit out of concerned families who simply aren't ready to send their kids back to school just yet...he actually made that statement (threat) at the height of the pandemic too which is mind boggling to me. The schools should provide the option for online learning for parents who don't feel comfortable sending their kids back...not be forced to open, putting kids at risk, and leaving parents with no alternative.

I do agree with you that it probably isn’t the best idea to send kids back to school, and there needs to be some alternative options like e-learning available.  I even agree with you that trump was wrong to say that.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

This is where IMO we failed as evidenced by the current data.

Cant go telling us Americans what to do.  

We could have really bit the bullet, really shut things down, and i mean really shut things down...., WTF?  Wawa was an essential business?  Beer distributors were "essential......LOL.    We screwed the fucking pooch on this one.  And we will continue to screw the pooch.  We wont get it together.  We better start praying for a vaccine, or some kind of low level crop dusting, cause common sense aint getting anything done.  

• Like 1