2020-21 Blue Opening Day Stoke Thread!!!

saltyant

• saltyant changed the title to 2020-21 Blue Opening Day Stoke Thread!!!
1 hour ago, IceEidolon said:

If the forecast holds up for this week, that's every night at least from Sunday through Thursday they can run - five nights should be good enough to get lower Main at a minimum, no?

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk

Sure the forecast looks decent. Shit they were blowing the other morning in very marginal temperatures. They could start blowing later tonight more likely Sunday night and plenty of daytime chances. 

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:
5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Well, it technically says "tentative"..

Opening dates are always tentative. Who knows if they will make and keep enough snow to do it. But its not a rumor if they post it on their home page. It is an aspiration. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

May well hit VT solo a few days between the 13th and 18th if this storm is productive enough up that way. 

@GrilledSteezeSandwich said VT is off limits, but other states like NY and NH are in play. Arent you required to quarantine for 14 days before going to VT? Do hotels make you sign some affidavit or something?

You have to quarantine at home for 14 days to go to VT. Or for 7 days and get a test. Much more relaxed rules than PA has (everyone coming from out of state must be tested).

Really not an issue as I am working from home. I last went anywhere the show I played on the 29th so 14 days will be up in 8 days. 

Might be willing to sign an affidavit whether or not that were the case though. And might also exceed the speed limit while driving there. Do you obey every law to the letter?

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

You have to quarantine at home for 14 days to go to VT. Or for 7 days and get a test. Really not an issue as I am working from home. I last went anywhere the show I played on the 29th so 14 days will be up.in 8 days. 

Might be willing to sign an affidavit whether or not that were the case though. And might also exceed the speed limit while driving there. Do you obey every law to the letter?

Yeah I obey 100% of the laws. That means no skiing for 14 days before your VT trip then... or going to a grocery store 💁‍♂️

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Yeah I obey 100% of the laws. That means no skiing for 14 days before your VT trip then... or going to a grocery store 💁‍♂️

You are an upstanding citizen sir.

Kudos to you. 

Hope I never find myself driving behind you in a no passing zone.

But won't be much of a sacrifice skipping skiing Hunter again before going to VT in ~8 days if I choose to comply with the law 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Now I will avoid putting myself and others at severe risk by doing anything as dumb as risking a plane trip to ski any time soon.

Following common sense precautions seems more important to me than obeying every law.

Airline travel is pretty darn safe. Everybody is masked and fresh air is pumped in.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Now I will avoid putting myself and others at severe risk by doing anything as dumb as risking a plane trip to ski any time soon.

I'm going to Utah in March unless I'm literally not permitted by the Gub'Ment. Life's too short to live in fear and not take radical ski trips.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'm going to Utah in March unless I'm literally not permitted by the Gub'Ment. Life's too short to live in fear and not take radical ski trips.

Life is definitely too short to go a season without a trip out west. I’m still salty about missing Colorado last April. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, saltyant said:

To me there is way more risk in spending 6 hrs on a plane with my head a foot away from someone who could be infected than there is in driving in my own car to VT and confronting the possibility of getting arrested for having signed a false affadavit.

4 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

To me there is way more risk in spending 6 hrs on a plane with my head a foot away from someone who could be infected than there is in driving in my own car to VT and confronting the possibility of getting arrested for having signed a false affadavit.

This is correct, but VT just doesn't do it for me anymore since I skied real authentic Champaigne Powder(tm) in Steamboat Springs last March with @enjoralas and @pops

Edited by saltyant

For sure VT ain't Utah but it still does it for me in a way that PA or even Hunter doesn't. And I would face quarantine requirements for skiing anywhere but NJ NY or CT.

Glad to have made about a dozen Western ski trips when it was safe and hope to do more once only people with proof of vax are allowed on planes.