2020-21 Blue Opening Day Stoke Thread!!!

saltyant

2 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

For sure VT ain't Utah but it still does it for me in a way that PA or even Hunter doesn't. And I would face quarantine requirements for skiing anywhere but NJ NY or CT.

I don't believe Utah has any requirements, just PA when returning.

12 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I don't believe Utah has any requirements, just PA when returning.

And NJ when returning. But to the extent I care about obeying state requirements I care more about those of the state I live in. 

So you will get Covid tested in Utah before returning to PA? Far more likely to enforce those requirements on folks arriving via air. And would require proof of test not just affidavit. And if you tested positive you would have to extend your stay in Utah til you recovered (or died).

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

4 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

So you will get Covid tested in Utah before returning to PA? Far more likely to enforce those requirements on folks arriving via air.

I'm not aware of that being a requirement, but I'll be certain to study all of the new Rules & Regulations required for flight travel before my trip and ensure 1,000% compliance.

Edited by saltyant

18 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

For sure VT ain't Utah but it still does it for me in a way that PA or even Hunter doesn't. And I would face quarantine requirements for skiing anywhere but NJ NY or CT.

Glad to have made about a dozen Western ski trips when it was safe and hope to do more once only people with proof of vax are allowed on planes.

If you are vaccinated, what do you care if others are.  @Ski2Live Live2Ski I remember when you went to Japan. That must have been a long flight. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'm not aware of that being a requirement, but I'll be certain to study all of the new Rules & Regulations required for flight travel before my trip.

Here you go. PA has most stringent requirements in US I believe. If you leave for over 24 hrs for reasons other than work or medical you must present proof of negative test or quarantine on return.

https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/disease/coronavirus/Pages/Travelers.aspx

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

If you are vaccinated, what do you care if others are.  @Ski2Live Live2Ski I remember when you went to Japan. That must have been a long flight. 

Because the only way vaccination truly protects is if you remain within a population that achieves herd immunity via 75% or more getting vaccinated. We will all be masking and distancing til US reaches that threshold.

I have flown many place in the past before there was a pandemic. 

6 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Here you go. PA has most stringent requirements in US I believe. If you leave for over 24 hrs for reasons other than work or medical you must present proof of negative test or quarantine on return.

Do I, as a Pennsylvanian, have to quarantine after I travel out of state?
Pennsylvanians returning to the Commonwealth from a location outside the Commonwealth must get a COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to entering the Commonwealth or after arriving in the Commonwealth. If an individual is unable to get a test, is waiting for test results, or chooses not to get a test, they must complete a travel quarantine for 10 days after entering the Commonwealth. If choosing to quarantine or if waiting for negative test results, individuals should stay in their travel destination for the full 10-day period or a 7-day quarantine with a negative test on or after day 5 of quarantine. 

Edited by saltyant

8 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Yeah but PA is not enforcing it.  You NJ folks need to calm down. You are welcome in PA..

• Like 1

Just now, Schif said:

None of these rules and regulations apply to a Pennsylvanian going to Blue mountain. See you guys on Saturday morning!!!

Yep - get it while you can for sure (even if it means bot complying with all restrix). I am not that optimistic about ski season lasting more than a few weeks this year with current trends. 

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah but PA is not enforcing it.  You NJ folks need to calm down. You are welcome in PA..

Yeah doesn't appear VT is enforcing it either. But Salty pledges to self enforce. My bigger concern is how long til states shut down skiing and we go back to lock down. Quite possible that occurs before Xmas break IMO.

8 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Because the only way vaccination truly protects is if you remain within a population that achieves herd immunity via 75% or more getting vaccinated. We will all be masking and distancing til US reaches that threshold.

I have flown many place in the past before there was a pandemic. 

I don’t think 75% or more will get vaccinated based on what I see on Facebook. If you’re vaccinated and others aren’t can you still catch corona??

1 minute ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Yep - get it while you can for sure (even if it means bot complying with all restrix). I am not that optimistic about ski season lasting more than a few weeks this year with current trends. 

Our governor said there would be no lockdowns..also Biden said no national lockdown as well. The only thing preventing us from a decent ski season is Mother Nature. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I don’t think 75% or more will get vaccinated based on what I see on Facebook. If you’re vaccinated and others aren’t can you still catch corona??

Yes you can get it if vaccinated. Just a smaller % chance. The only real protection is if enough of society gets it to leverage that % into herd immunity. That is when virus stops spreading as it can't find enough welcoming new hosts.

Most likely we only get there if schools, work places, transit, restaurants etc are forced to require proof of vax to enter. 

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Our governor said there would be no lockdowns..also Biden said no national lockdown as well. The only thing preventing us from a decent ski season is Mother Nature. 

Thing is exploding exponentially again. When hospitals are completely overwhelmed the "no lock down" tunes will likely be changed.

I suggest skiing every day you can til then.

• Like 1

Just now, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Yes you can get it if vaccinated. Just a smaller % chance. The only real protection is if enough of society gets it to leverage that % into herd immunity.

Most likely we only get there if schools, work places, transit, restaurants etc are forced to require proof of vax to enter. 

I don’t think that’s gonna happen..have the twins been going to school in person or virtually?

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I don’t think that’s gonna happen..have the twins been going to school in person or virtually?

Virtually. No 8th graders have had any in person schooling in our district yet. They are currently calling for a Hybrid option (4 hrs a week in person) to start Jan 25. But I don't believe it. It was supposed to be Nov 30 til a week ago they moved it back 8 weeks.

And yeah herd immunity via vaccination programs - likely requiring mandates to work - may well not happen. In which case we will need to limit ourselves to outdoor masked distanced activities til we either die or decide we are willing to commit genocide.

16 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty and Ski2live are fucking insufferable way worse than my squeaky wheel customers.  You both need a tall glass of shut the fuck up. 

I was discussing that I'm skiing at Utah, and Ski2Live said it might not be safe so we had a rational discussion. If you can show me the post where I need a glass of STFU that would be great

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I was discussing that I'm skiing at Utah, and Ski2Live said it might not be safe so we had a rational discussion. If you can show me the post where I need a glass of STFU that would be great

This is supposed to be a stoke thread salty pleas stay on topic. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, saltyant said:

With all the riff raff in this thread I was compelled to give it a 1 star rating.  

• Love 1
  • Confused 1