2020-21 Blue Opening Day Stoke Thread!!!

saltyant

For sure VT ain't Utah but it still does it for me in a way that PA or even Hunter doesn't. And I would face quarantine requirements for skiing anywhere but NJ NY or CT.
Glad to have made about a dozen Western ski trips when it was safe and hope to do more once only people with proof of vax are allowed on planes.

You act as if New York doesn't have one of the best mountains on the east coast...one that still includes start houses from when it hosted the winter olympics.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty and Ski2live are fucking insufferable way worse than my squeaky wheel customers.  You both need a tall glass of shut the fuck up. 

Once the vaccine comes out, you me and Ski2Live will fly to Verbier using Ski2Live's Frontier Airlines coupons and you can get the middle seat between us. Be sure to being lots of juice boxes for us to enjoy those few precious moments of peace and quiet while we're sipping through straws underneath our face masks

Edited by saltyant

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Once the vaccine comes out, you me and Ski2Live will fly to Verbier using Ski2Live's Frontier Airlines coupons and you can get the middle seat between us. Be sure to being lots of juice boxes for us to enjoy those few precious moments of peace and quiet while we're sipping through straws underneath our face masks

Just now, toast21602 said:

The more he posts the worse it gets. 

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Stop 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

You act as if New York doesn't have one of the best mountains on the east coast...one that still includes start houses from when it hosted the winter olympics.

Of course. I considered switching to ORDA pass based on that. But decided to stick with Epic and do VT instead.

Is anybody planning on pre booting up at home and walking around a little in boots.  I think that’s on the agenda for me this week. My feet never feel that good opening day especially all the standing around waiting for the rope to drop and standing in line. I really overdid it with walking a few weeks ago so wanna make sure my feet are semi ok. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Is anybody planning on pre booting up at home and walking around a little in boots.  I think that’s on the agenda for me this week. My feet never feel that good opening day especially all the standing around waiting for the rope to drop and standing in line. I really overdid it with walking a few weeks ago so wanna make sure my feet are semi ok. 

I did it this afternoon.  I saw that blue is opening and I tried on my boots, put sno seal on my gloves and tried on my helmet and goggles with a mask to make sure I don’t have any problems.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Virtually. No 8th graders have had any in person schooling in our district yet. They are currently calling for a Hybrid option (4 hrs a week in person) to start Jan 25. But I don't believe it. It was supposed to be Nov 30 til a week ago they moved it back 8 weeks.

That’s crazy! I can’t believe some schools haven’t even attempted to open.

32 minutes ago, poconoceancity said:

Some of the urban districts in PA haven’t attempted to open like Philadelphia school district and Allentown SD. My friend who’s a Philly teacher is renting a house in ventnor and working remote from there. She’s loving it. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, poconoceancity said:

I think it makes good sense. My girls decided they would rather take the safe course and continue schooling from home for now even once hybrid becomes an option. 

Hard to argue with how well they are doing this way. Between the two of them in Q1 the only mon A grade was one of them got a B in Accelerated Math (Algebra). 

And of course it makes itbeasier to quarantinenat home between our VT ski trips.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I think it makes good sense. My girls decided they would rather take the safe course and continue schooling from home for now even once hybrid becomes an option. 

Hard to argue with how well they are doing this way. Between the two of them in Q1 the only mon A grade was one of them got a B in Accelerated Math (Algebra). 

And of course it makes itbeasier to quarantinenat home between our VT ski trips.

Nice sounds like they got some smarts from their mom. B’s are not acceptable for straight A students B’s sting 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kyle said:

C’s get degrees 

No job I ever had after college checked to see what my grades were with my college registrars office. One asked for GPA and I just wrote 3.5 and I got the job. I don’t think I’ve had over a 3.5 since first semester senior year in high school.  Even some management training job at a company I won’t name said they required a 2.5 I guess it used to be higher but the people with really high GPAs were with like Goldman Sachs or somewhere. I visited Goldman Sachs in NYC and they work like 90-100 hour weeks as analysts(first two years) it’s terrible. If you work 40 hours a week or 50 or even 60 hours a week you still have a few hours to relax on weeknights and weekends mostly off.  The 90-100 shit is mind boggling. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1