2020-21 Blue Opening Day Stoke Thread!!!

saltyant

They are now selling tickets on their website for next week during the week like the 14th,15th,16th looks like $79 midweek 4 hour tickets and $109 midweek 8 hour tickets.  Only about 80-90 available for each session midweek for 8 hour tickets and about 300 available for the 4 hour beginning in the AM. 68 four hour tickets available for opening day at $49 and only a few for Saturday and Sunday at $58 and $53 respectively.  Whoa mama

• Like 1

Also $79 midweek night tickets woooo

Gotta make up for the lack of school groups I guess. This could be the year of the night sesh if hours will be normal and there will be no school groups. Even@toast21602 will need to get in on that goodness. Under the stars...with the mountain to yourself is where it's at.
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Gotta make up for the lack of school groups I guess. This could be the year of the night sesh if hours will be normal and there will be no school groups. Even@toast21602 will need to get in on that goodness. Under the stars...with the mountain to yourself is where it's at.

I'm not opposed. I've realized that I'm going to have to make sacrifices this year and that there will be some things which might be frustrating. I'll just have to deal with it and just be glad that they are open. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I’m planning on more weekday morning sessions this season and less night sessions mainly because I don’t go into work until 11ish most days since this pandemic began.  Gonna be weird having to set an alarm clock again. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Def the year to have a season pass. Everyone has pushed day ticket prices up through the roof - likely due to Covid uncertainty and capacity limits. At those rates I will stick to Epic resorts unless someone is offering up a buddy pass. 

Every year is the year to have a season pass.  Only one year I didn’t have a season pass since the 95-96 ski season and that was the year after I graduated from college and I didn’t know what I was doing with my life.  I still skied Blue, Hunter, Stowe, Mad River Glen and Jackson hole but not a lot of days.  Less than 20. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m planning on more weekday morning sessions this season and less night sessions mainly because I don’t go into work until 11ish most days since this pandemic began.  Gonna be weird having to set an alarm clock again. 

this may not work, ive heard they may not  open until 11 or 12 weekdays which would suck

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Every year is the year to have a season pass.  Only one year I didn’t have a season pass since the 95-96 ski season and that was the year after I graduated from college and I didn’t know what I was doing with my life.  I still skied Blue, Hunter, Stowe, Mad River Glen and Jackson hole but not a lot of days.  Less than 20. 

If you ski enough for sure. But it looks like at Blue this year the break even point is ~4 weekend days (3 if you count the VIP line benefit and buddy pass).

The FB complaining is pretty funny. I guess at some point they have tickets for $109. I think tix to jfbb will be in line with that. Blue needs to maximize their revenue, with limited day pass tickets. I dont blame them at all for raising day pass prices. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

this may not work, ive heard they may not  open until 11 or 12 weekdays which would suck

Wow then I’ll have to adjust my schedule even more..on the mornings my office manager comes in 2-3 days a week she’s there like 730-10 and is terrified of covid so doesn’t want me to be there,  she wears a mask when she sees her daughter outdoors..we got a box of Kiffles today and I took two and left her the rest and I told her I washed my hands so not to worry but we have a system down where she takes phone calls and voicemails till about 11 and I do like 11-4 and I’ve come in for a few hours almost every Saturday and Sunday mainly so I can get work done without the phone ringing every ten minutes. 

21 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

That's weird because some weekday mornings once people were at home for rona were busy.

It will just be so nice to go skiing !!!

People were not at home for Rona during last ski season. The last week of the season they only were open Monday and then Saturday and Sunday. Before that we didn’t even know there would be lockdowns and shit. Closing day 3/15 we didn’t even know what social distancing was yet.  I remember going to the liquor store on 3/17 the last day state stores were open and the store was packed everybody was butt to nuts in line.  I was like I better get two bottles of jack instead of one lol. I had no idea they’d be closed for two months. Thank god for the distillery 

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The fact that Blue is selling a four hour ticket where you must be scanned in for first lift ride before noon has me thinking the 11am or noon start is some rumor started by Mrs. Snowbunski.  

She was probably talking too loud to hear what was actually said.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, AtomicSkier said:

Don't know if this has been brought up ... but what is the PASR comfort level in terms of lift riding, especially double chair lift riding?  I feel like masked up double chair riding, given the speed at which you are moving, is reasonably safe, but I know that some see the lift as a mask reprieve.  Just curious on what everyone is thinking ....

I’ll ride with anyone here, won’t be offended if anyone doesn’t wanna ride with me, I know my job has given me more exposure than many. Pops and I are effectively in the same bubble and imagine we’ll take most rides together which works out for lift beers.

• Like 2