Bluetiful Morning 12/22/20

toast21602

10 minutes ago, Shadows said:

I rode a lift today with people talking about hitting challenge next run. At 3pm. They looked at it from the lift and said "oh wow, moguls. It was smooth this morning."

What? How long have you been here and not skied that more than once? Theres 4 trails

they have 21 trails open 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, eaf said:

Yeah, it was busy in the PM. Felt like way more people than last Friday. A red cross who happened to ride once with me said that they sold something like 9000 tickets today. And darn it, they're gonna stay open on soaked Thursday for the same reason. Which makes me kinda screwed because I have tickets for it and was hoping to switch them or having them refunded w/o paying handling fee. Crap, will now have to ski in rain on a Xmas eve. Unbelievable.

Main Street was busted, Paradise was OK, though got whistled at a few times, Lazy was probably the best, but it all largely depended on how lucky you were with avoiding the crowds.

Wasn’t the forecast for rain on Thursday for like a week+?

7 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wasn’t the forecast for rain on Thursday for like a week+?

Show me reasonable ticket prices for a week ahead. Of course I bought them earlier than a week ago.

The prices are nuts. When I asked that guy what he thinks of $100+ tickets and does he think that people are buying them, he looked at me like at an idiot. In his mind both the prices were totally justified and the people sweeping the tickets.

I'm going to NY in Jan. midweek. Many resorts are doing this garbage. Buy the tickets online in advance for specified dates and they're nonrefundable. So then it rains like tomorrow for @eaf and the purchaser is SOL. It looks like Windham isn't doing limits for midweek so I think I'll go there.

It's annoying being locked into a hotel reservation to begin with, and now a ski reservation too.

Edited by saltyant

8 minutes ago, Benm said:

i'm pretty sure regular JFBB lift tix are refundable until noon on the ticket day if unused.

At least they're doing something right. It's absurd that most resorts are locking people into tickets they may not use due to weather, circumstances etc. I was willing to play that game in the past on Liftopia for discounts, but now it's for regular prices too. I want flexibility so the resorts with the most favorable terms will win my business.

Just now, saltyant said:

Very nice! How did you pull that off? Talk to a customer service rep?

I just chatted. But I figure I got away w/o being changed any processing fee because the forecast is so bad, and they're not even sure if they're gonna be open.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

They’re making no money on inside food so it’s not surprising ticket prices went up.

Maybe they can start charging to use the bathrooms. At a rest stop in Germany I refused to pay to piss so I went in the woods nearby. Ending up stepping in shit and had to wear sandals all day. I hate sandals. Ended up clean it off my shoes at 11 pm.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, eaf said:

I just chatted. But I figure I got away w/o being changed any processing fee because the forecast is so bad, and they're not even sure if they're gonna be open.

At least they're being reasonable. I would not be happy if my options were to ski in a torrential downpour or forfeit my money.

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

The only thing I made a grievance about was nonrefundable tickets bought in advance, but Blue done good with @eaf so I'm happy now.

I'm pretty sure their reps hate their life today. The wait time in that chat was looong, everybody must be doing the same thing.

4 hours ago, saltyant said:

I'm going to NY in Jan. midweek. Many resorts are doing this garbage. Buy the tickets online in advance for specified dates and they're nonrefundable. So then it rains like tomorrow for @eaf and the purchaser is SOL. It looks like Windham isn't doing limits for midweek so I think I'll go there.

It's annoying being locked into a hotel reservation to begin with, and now a ski reservation too.

Almost all hotel reservations are refundable.  You got screwed in Stowe two years ago because you chose a non refundable option to save some money. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, eaf said:

Show me reasonable ticket prices for a week ahead. Of course I bought them earlier than a week ago.

The prices are nuts. When I asked that guy what he thinks of $100+ tickets and does he think that people are buying them, he looked at me like at an idiot. In his mind both the prices were totally justified and the people sweeping the tickets.

Sure they are justified. Didn’t we have the supply and demand discussion before. I’d be surprised if Blue even breaks even this year with the limited capacity and lack of food and beverage sales. 

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Maybe they can start charging to use the bathrooms. At a rest stop in Germany I refused to pay to piss so I went in the woods nearby. Ending up stepping in shit and had to wear sandals all day. I hate sandals. Ended up clean it off my shoes at 11 pm.

Bahahahaha that’s called being an ugly American. When you’re in a different culture try to adapt and blend in..

• Confused 1