The Crested Butte thread

Barb

@NMSKI @AtomicSkier there is a local realtor here in town who has a website 14erskiers.com. He also has a FB page. Always posting some good pics for stoke. He posted about the late afternoon opening of the High Lift yesterday with some good pics of the terrain. 

edit- I just realized only Jeff will be in CB. 

Edited by Barb
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Barb said:

@NMSKI @AtomicSkier there is a local realtor here in town who has a website 14erskiers.com. He also has a FB page. Always posting some good pics for stoke. He posted about the late afternoon opening of the High Lift yesterday with some good pics of the terrain. 

Such great terrain.  saw this yesterday.

May be an image of nature and ski slope

• Like 4
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, Barb said:

BFPD!  New PASR acronym Bluebird Fucking Powder Day!

Heard lots of avy bombs going off near the North Face lift. And according to the paper this morning they are trying hard to get it open by President’s weekend FYI @AtomicSkier.  Right now I just can’t seem to wipe this smile off my face. 

lol. love the acronym

sounds of bombs and hoots are my favorite noise :)

So glad you got a bluebird powder day!! My powder days have had terrible visibility recently. So jealous and happy for you!! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Barb said:

Frank runs the site with his wife, Brittany, who is a badass. We have a couple friends in common.

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

Such great terrain.  saw this yesterday.

May be an image of nature and ski slope

I saw that pic too!  Think it said it was Westwall, and a guy I rode the lift with was very excited he got first tracks on westwall yesterday. I tried looking it up on the map but only see westwall lift, not trail, and that lift doesn’t seem to service much terrain. 

Edited by Barb

Quick snowshoe this morning. Lines were long yesterday on the cams and I knew they would be the same today. Kinda windy, but the views were nice. 
05046FA4-BCCE-42ED-BFFF-07A639815B88.thumb.jpeg.89159abf71fc93f92fbccbe743bfffe7.jpeg

saw a group of 4 guys who were skinning and they ascended behind me in this pic on the slopes to the right. Looked pretty steep and unstable and we heard some “whumphing”. According to CBAC there have been numerous natural and triggered slides in the last 2 days. 
8900EA96-B513-48ED-A3F7-71D5C1D01F25.thumb.jpeg.1a093f2cbdc703e856c01e5746020b1a.jpeg

B470B7A8-38D8-4628-A0F3-9E3F204A1BA0.thumb.jpeg.3043b1c10e77a9084db6af585a56d9dc.jpeg

eating a quick lunch and then heading out to Telluride!

0E534F4C-36D9-41A9-A831-FB23B52E11D9.thumb.jpeg.4b1adac05632aedfe75493599c611b02.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Love 2