The Crested Butte thread

Barb

21 degrees and feels so warm I regret my mid layer. 10 min to lifts opening. cdf37bd4832be4c19a2a28bf8b6cb02e.jpg

2 guys in the shuttle had no masks and were getting there stink eye from every single person. WTF do certain people think they are special and don’t have to follow the rules?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Boner City 2

1 hour ago, Barb said:

21 degrees and feels so warm I regret my mid layer. 10 min to lifts opening. cdf37bd4832be4c19a2a28bf8b6cb02e.jpg

2 guys in the shuttle had no masks and were getting there stink eye from every single person. WTF do certain people think they are special and don’t have to follow the rules?

I’m surprised nobody said anything to them. We call out all the offenders in the line at Blue.  

24 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Crowd wise?

Not crowds so much as lack of lift capacity as the Tram is only taking 25 people vs 100, gondolas taking a few per cabin va 6-8 and the quads are mostly two people...check out the webcams. It is a pow day but also a very unfriended time of year out there.  I know they ran out of parking today. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Barb said:

First off, Doug, this is the Crested Butte thread. I don’t want to hear about Jackson Hole here. 

On to the snow....crowds were non existent as is usual for a non holiday weekday here. My first run as I was traversing over to Paradise Lift, I got into my head a bit and realized these were the exact conditions when I fell last season and got my concussion. On the head wall where I fell I was very cautious, bad energy. 

did 3 laps on Paradise and the snow was great!  Took a different way down each time and was able to find some bumps on every run. By the third lap fog had rolled in and visibility was pea soup so I headed down to East River lift. First run was on Black Eagle and 1/2 way down there were some big bumps to navigate but they were nice and soft so it wasn’t too bad. Did a few more over there and headed back past the Paradise Lift to the Teocalli. Wanted to hit Buschwack as it wasn’t opens last time I was here. The bumps there are good size for me to practice on. Did 2 laps on that and headed back to the front side doing a bit of light trees where I could find them. 

Should snow all day through tonight. Have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a shit show. 

2BC05906-83FF-4A60-BF8E-18CCED6955C1.jpeg

D887187B-64EB-4C32-8525-E65EDA0481F1.jpeg

05CC3D0E-544D-4E68-A8B8-B016D7CA0B9D.jpeg

3119D4A8-8920-491E-8970-96E81A1A0D39.jpeg

The bumps look fantastic!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah in line waiting for the rope to drop the people in front of me were scanned but did not have a reservation. Liftee was totally cool and said, “You have 5 minutes just go on your phone and make a reservation now.”

• Like 2
  • Boner City 1

d960d50a775f58fc39186835b4db732d.jpg
Yeah it snowed but visibility was terrible and my friends didn’t want to buy day tickets so we snowshoed instead. I def think skinning is so much more efficient. Snowshoeing wears you out.

• Like 5

d960d50a775f58fc39186835b4db732d.jpg
Yeah it snowed but visibility was terrible and my friends didn’t want to buy day tickets so we snowshoed instead. I def think skinning is so much more efficient. Snowshoeing wears you out.

No friends on a pow day, barb

• Like 1

Yeah I knew I would hear shit for that but honestly my old eyes are getting so bad that I really can’t see when visibility is bad. No depth perception, may even look into those prescription goggles for days like that. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, Barb said:

honestly my old eyes are getting so bad that I really can’t see when visibility is bad. No depth perception, may even look into those prescription goggles for days like that. 

Same! I get it.

Today the visibility was so low.. then like you kinda see eye floaters because everything is white & swirling and then it makes me dizzy. I tried to focus on the trees where the clouds weren’t hanging as much. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, skiincy said:

Today the visibility was so low.. then like you kinda see eye floaters because everything is white & swirling and then it makes me dizzy. I tried to focus on the trees where the clouds weren’t hanging as much. 

Yes, flat light, white-out, head for the trees!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barb said:

Snow was glorious today! Just tried to stick to as many ungroomed/bump/tree runs as I could find. Except for Paradise bowl! Always have to take my first warm up run down there.

Only a few pics, light kinda flat so bumps not real visible.

6c85bb05c6bbb1a15777742a8952125e.jpg

I feel like that terrain park on the left wasnt there last year.  Unless thats not the lift i am thinking it is.  

How r the new skis?

Skied with my neighbor this morning. She not only skis every day, she skins the resort before opening M-F. Let’s just say she is in fantastic shape. She showed me some great little tree stashes that I need to try again. Only took one pic because I had to try and just keep up with her through the trees and bumps. She makes it look effortless.
9117ef56d5f6054230df417ecb17573c.jpg

Light real flat again today, tomorrow supposed to be sunny, can’t wait!

• Like 6
  • Love 1