2/8..sunny..packed powder carpet.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun morning at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower at at 8:25am and it was in the mid teens under sunny sky’s. First civilian six pack with the old man me and BenM rode up with Thursday. First run on Challenge, it was truly a magic carpet ride. Very nice quiet packed powder. Razors next and not quite as soft. I then did three more laps on challenge until the cord was gone. 

There was a big demo day going on with about a dozen tents. Crowds were moderate, a lot of non season passholders. Sidewinder was spectacular and I skied that twice. I did paradise once after the early morning boomers were done warming up on it was nice, a little slow with some wind. Switchback wasn’t as good as the others a little scrapped off. I went up the Main Street chair once to get Widowmaker from the top. Still wall to wall fresh cord at 1015am, midway was ok but some mini ice chunks. At like 1020am was like a half full corral but nobody in the VIP line on the lower park side..I skeet skirted right to the front and finished on sidewinder. I managed 10 runs in an hour and a half and when I left the lot was almost full and the temperature was up to about 22 but it felt warmer.  Another grate day in the season that keeps giving. Maybe a little fresh Perder tomorrow AM. JADIP

6321D331-4DFB-425E-B914-46867483531E.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Boner City 1

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I wanna demo. Was it free? Did they have any RTMs? Why dont they do demo day on a weekend??

Demos are almost always during the week I guess due to less crowds...like Toast was saying you should demo differerent skis from Blues ski shop. It’s $60 and I think you can demo three different pairs and you can apply the $60 towards the purchase price. Demo days are always free. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Demos are almost always during the week I guess due to less crowds...like Toast was saying you should demo differerent skis from Blues ski shop. It’s $60 and I think you can demo three different pairs and you can apply the $60 towards the purchase price. Demo days are always free. 

^^ this is the way to do it. other mtns have demo fleets to try out. wider selection of skis and what not. also, don't have to deal with the crazy lines and you're pretty much assured to be able to try what you want. a lot of times on busy demo days you'll have to wait for the ski you want to try.

• Thanks 2

Today was actually the first day this season that I skied alone the entire time. I mostly rode the lift with one or two others..a few times three others and one time four others.  Everybody who I asked do you mind if I ride with you guys they were very open to allowing me..not just boomers out on weekday mornings anymore it’s all ages..lots of kids and 20somethings. 

• Like 2

Today's demo day was for ski shop owners and shop buyers (the ones purchasing for the shops for next season). 

I was offered to be put on the list, naturally it fell on the only day I couldn't be there. 

At least that's what I was told. 

Edited by Benm
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Benm said:

Today's demo day was for ski shop owners and shop buyers (the ones purchasing for the shops for next season). 

I was offered to be put on the list, naturally it fell on the only day I couldn't be there. 

At least that's what I was told. 

Somebody I rode the lift with said he was planning on demoing 15 different pairs of skis today.  

• Like 1

On 2/8/2021 at 11:36 AM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

According the website there isn’t much wider than 90mm to demo from True Blue (I noticed Kore 93) but of course there is no guarantee the list is exhaustive 

23 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

According the website there isn’t much wider than 90mm to demo from True Blue (I noticed Kore 93) but of course there is no guarantee the list is exhaustive 

Heres the list from inside the demo place, but the guy said the skis on it may or may not be demo-able and there might  be other skis not listed 

20210207_104529.thumb.jpg.1713a40dd5f0ace88717bfa7de297881.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Heres the list from inside the demo place, but the guy said the skis on it may or may not be demo-able and there might  be other skis not listed 

20210207_104529.thumb.jpg.1713a40dd5f0ace88717bfa7de297881.jpg

You're better off swapping skis with PASRs to see what feels good or wait until there is a public demo day (if those exist this year). Some of those might be good to replace those RTMs, but if you want to size up at all it doesn't seem like that list meets those needs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1